Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

AES Mega Airport Amsterdam Schiphol EHAM Questions

Installed AES Mega Airport Amsterdam Schiphol EHAM  for FSX Acceleration SP2. I loaded the FSX default Aircreation Trike Ultralight on runway 18L then I started flying to take a look around the airport but the terrain started gradually changing weird as per screenshot shows. The runways and ground doesn't look right. How can be fixed?

AESAmsterdamweirdAirport.jpg

Patricio Valdes

Answered your post in the Aerosoft forums.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Check you do not have another version installed. Search your FSX folder for any file with EHAM in the title. If you do have another version it is most likely in AddOns/Scenery

43 minutes ago, Mithras said:

Check you do not have another version installed. Search your FSX folder for any file with EHAM in the title. If you do have another version it is most likely in AddOns/Scenery

I have Aerosoft EHAM and also Flytampa but only one activated. My question is for the Aerosoft Amsterdam. I think is something from FSX settings the clue. I am doing some tests to find out as well. But I guess if I change some settings it will affect to others sceneries who knows.

Patricio Valdes

Sometimes payware installs add extra files they require, outside of the Add-On folder, many elevation files are sent directly to FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery - you will find a lot of Orbx files there, for instance. So I do still recommend doing a search ...

I uninstalled FlyTampa Amsterdam and voila resolved! Now Aerosoft Amsterdam is magic! Learned FSX shouldn't have 2 or more same scenery or same airport installed regardless if activated or not. Must be installed only one, Aerosoft or FlyTampa, not both. Halloween soon ..... enjoy!

Patricio Valdes

Great to hear youve sorted it. Sometimes its easy, sometimes its ... impossible! 

14 hours ago, Mithras said:

Great to hear youve sorted it. Sometimes its easy, sometimes its ... impossible! 

Thanks for your words.

Patricio Valdes

On 10/30/2017 at 2:31 PM, trisho0 said:

I uninstalled FlyTampa Amsterdam and voila resolved! Now Aerosoft Amsterdam is magic! 

I'm surprised you chose to stick with the old Aerosoft version on EHAM over the newer FlyTampa version.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I'm surprised you chose to stick with the old Aerosoft version on EHAM over the newer FlyTampa version.

I uninstalled AES Amsterdam. Now I reinstalled back the FT. But not installed both in FSX because makes weird textures regardless if activated or not. So, for now FSX finds only FT Amsterdam. You are right the FT is newer with more details. I have AES Amsterdam only in FS2004. I enjoy both sim, sometimes fs9 and other times FSX.

Patricio Valdes