Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

So whats the verdict on the latest update on P3DV4.1 ?

I am still in 4.0 and have not had too many problems

Is it worth updating or should I spare myself some anguish?

Hi,

I updated the client and the contents. I am using a lot of scenery add-ons from all the well-known developers, and I am on the OrbX open beta for Objectflow 2. All aircraft I use for for P3Dv4 only.
I did not see any issues, neither a perfomance hit nor an improvement. If you do not have any special setup you need to take care of, I would say it is safe to update.

Regards
Frank

Update, of course, you should without a doubt, LM are making improvements in all departments, it's a no-brainer, to be honest. I noticed a much smoother experience after doing a complete update in all areas, I use Orbex scenery and no problems at all, go for it.

6 minutes ago, Wingloader said:

Update, of course, you should without a doubt, LM are making improvements in all departments, it's a no-brainer, to be honest. I noticed a much smoother experience after doing a complete update in all areas, I use Orbex scenery and no problems at all, go for it.

Please explain how it is much smoother.

Matt Wilson

For me, they have clearly improved precipitation in LM newest Version 4.1; even the sound of rainfall seems a lot better than in previous versions. 

From now on this sim gives me the best experience through different conditions of weather, compared to other sims.

But stated clearly: Im not meaning the new rainfall-windshield effect, which always makes me laughing because it reminds me on tadpoles trying to invade the aircraft (like a scene of a trash horror spaceship movie :biggrin: ).

Regarding performance: nothing seems to have changed since v. 4.0.  Respctive VR I can't say anything because 'm still a passionate TrackHater who maybe once will die with his TrackHat on top.

Best regards to all of you fellow simming brothers.

7 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Please explain how it is much smoother.

I am also curious. After every update I read about P3D being smoother but I never notice it. 'Much smoother' is a rather useless description imho: usually it is placebo or wishful thinking. Or the consequence of changed settings someone isn't aware off. Or caused by the removal of certain addons afer a full reinstall. Reports of things being smoother never are a reason for me to do something. But anyway, I am not actually curious because what is there to explain? He can only say 'Yeah, well, it seems smoother...'. Smoothness can't be measured so discussing it on the internet is useless. Smoothness can only be seen with your own eyes.

For me and many others it is Smoother I for one have no more micro stutters as I had before in 4.0, so yes smoother it is for me, smoothness is  noticeable it is not a gloss, shine, gleam or sheen not a polish, calmness, stillness or serenity, nor a flow, fluency or ease it is simply smoother. I am sure with different systems and setups there may be different improvements for other users, but I no longer have stutters or micro stutters and my FPS is better, smoothness is immediately noticeable on my system.    

PS  J van E    here's the equation to measure smoothness    sd(diff(x))/abs(mean(diff(x)))-g(3)  LOL :biggrin:

Anyone dare to put the Creators W10 in to the picture as well ? Gears of war 4 is a CTD after this on my system.

I had a terrible night with P3DV4 after the update but after some restarts it has bin better.

4.1 seems fine (no scenery update here) but cant tell that much

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

23 minutes ago, Wingloader said:

PS  J van E    here's the equation to measure smoothness    sd(diff(x))/abs(mean(diff(x)))-g(3)

Wingloader, it seems that your math knowledge is limited.

J van E's original contention was 'Much smoother' is a rather useless description imho.'

So you clearly should have used the equation for 'much smoothness'/'much smootherness', rather than 'smoothness'. The former is, of course:

= (sd(diff(x))/abs(mean(diff(x)))-g(3)) x 100

Happy to help,

Rob

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hello friends, I am new to the forum. Flying to more than 15 years. I have questions regarding upgrading to P3Dv4.1. I want to update the client, content and scenery. Made the update the inatalados scenarios (programdata / scenery.cfg), installed aircraft (PMDG only), settings (appdata / Prepar3d.cfg) and effects (Effects folder in P3Dv4 root) will not be affected? Thanks for the opportunity. Odilar - Brazil

6 hours ago, J van E said:

I am also curious. After every update I read about P3D being smoother but I never notice it. 'Much smoother' is a rather useless description imho: usually it is placebo or wishful thinking. Or the consequence of changed settings someone isn't aware off. Or caused by the removal of certain addons afer a full reinstall. Reports of things being smoother never are a reason for me to do something. But anyway, I am not actually curious because what is there to explain? He can only say 'Yeah, well, it seems smoother...'. Smoothness can't be measured so discussing it on the internet is useless. Smoothness can only be seen with your own eyes.

4.1 doesnt feel any different than 4.0 to me. I just updated for the fslabs( and dont fly it. Too demanding imho)

-Roland

5 hours ago, Odilar said:

Hello friends, I am new to the forum. Flying to more than 15 years. I have questions regarding upgrading to P3Dv4.1. I want to update the client, content and scenery. Made the update the inatalados scenarios (programdata / scenery.cfg), installed aircraft (PMDG only), settings (appdata / Prepar3d.cfg) and effects (Effects folder in P3Dv4 root) will not be affected? Thanks for the opportunity. Odilar - Brazil

If you run each update .msi it should not affect any of what you have asked about.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

NAnyone dare to put the Creators W10 in to the picture as well ? Gears of war 4 is a CTD after this on my system.

I had a terrible night with P3DV4 after the update but after some restarts it has bin better.

4.1 seems fine (no scenery update here) but cant tell that much

Thanks

Michael Moe

To be honest, I haven't had any real problems with P3Dv4.1 and Fall creator. In fact I swear my sim is much smoother than before. One of the things I noticed before creator was when windows Antimalware Service Executable, which is basically windows defender, was hogging as much as 20% of CPU usage. It occasionally caused major stutters and pauses in P3Dv4.1. Since upgrading to fall creators and using the latest NVidia driver 388.00, the stutters are barely noticeable and there are no more pauses. I also have gears of wars and there are no CTD's.  I did notice one problem since installing creator though, and that was when it removed my Logitech G940 drivers. Windows was unable to detect that I even had the hardware connected.  I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. However, after another update of fall creators this morning, KB4043961, I believed resolved that problem and now my Logitech functions normally. As of now, I'm pretty pleased with Fall creators

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

The update process needs revision.

Cheers bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER