Sign in to follow this  
threebears

Wayward Throttle 'range'

I've had to delete and reinstall my FS9.1 (and everything else) to recover a failed ILS (see other post).  Of course I had to reset all the assignments in my controllers, but they didn't hold the assignments given from one flight to the next.  I decided there was a problem with my Saitek Throttle Quadrant, so I deleted and reinstalled the drivers for both the Yoke and Quadrant.  Now the throttle levers, don't 'reverse thrust' any more.  I can get round that using the F2 key, but the range of throttle response has gone "mad" - even on flight idle the engines are producing too much thrust, and on take-off are way over 100% - it's like the 'scale' has slipped upwards.  Any suggestions please?

Do you have FSUIPC registered version? I have found that when I have some kind of control anomaly that isn't solved by using the in-game calibration the use of the calibration function in FSUIPC fixes the problem.

The other question I have is what is the age of your product? I use Saitek and for price and functionality they are fine, but they are not very durable. It's possible that the hardware itself is starting to cause your problem. I have a Saitek throttle quadrant sitting unused in my office because it started doing erratic things and nothing I could do would fix it. Fortunately, I had on older version that still worked after its joystick died. So I am currently using two different models of Saitek controllers. Not ideal but it's working... :dry:

Threebears,

I am NOT recommending that you do this ... some say it could be harmful. I did it as a last resort and it has fixed the problem you described above for me

WD40 ... a light spray into each throttle slot and it all worked fine after a couple of minutes.  If I had a choice again, I would probably try a shot of air from a compresssor first (if available to you) I say this because your problem may just be dust on the sensor in there creating havoc. The rotary sensor is located at the bottom of the unit.

Good luck mate

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Flyforever,

You are quite right.

Unfortunately it is so basic that I naturally assumed that it had been done. I further, did not notice that Threebears is a relative newbie given 6 posts even though returning from FS9 days.  My bad I guess.

Hope it all works out for him ... the cost of replacement is not funny if one is on a limited budget.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Thanks for all that.  I've been away and have only just seen the replies. I don't know what you mean by 'calibration in Windows', please can you explain?  Having said that I'm pretty sure the problem is not hardware.  I'm going to do a thorough uninstall and start again.  I'm using Saitek quadrant and yoke (quadrant was new).  The drivers for these in XP are no longer available (XP no longer supported) so the problem mat lie in the driver reinstallation from a back up copy.  Yes I have FSUIPC, registered, for FS9.1.