Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

ATC-Chatter available from Stick and Rudder Studios

Thumbs up. I purchased this two nights ago to go with Pilot2ATC that I had just downloaded for trial. The combination of the two are absolutely fantastic and I've gone on to purchase Pilot2ATC as well within two days of trial...why wait when you love it right :)

I had an issue at first where I could hardly hear the ATC chatter, but that came from being a Pilot2ATC newbie I guess, as the radios in Pilot2ATC was not turned up fully (wether that comes from Pilot2ATC default or from X-Plane 11 I don't actually know). Turning the radios up to full the ATC chatter comes through nice and clear and gives a completely new level of immersion.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to further European chatter as well as coverage in other areas than US and EU and then of course to Pilot2ATC natively supporting the full region structure so it can automatically pick the correct sound files rather than having to swap around folders when changing regions in the sim.

We are making good progress adding to the collection, we are over 3,000 clips now for the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Oceania. I'll likely release a new version by mid December with all the new clips.

Mark

• Upvote 2

Great work.  Love the sounds bites very entertaining and even educational.  I can hardly wait for Pilot2atc to implement the regional support as well.

What a great combination.  

13 hours ago, markcellis said:

We are making good progress adding to the collection, we are over 3,000 clips now for the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Oceania. I'll likely release a new version by mid December with all the new clips.

Mark

Great news.... just keeps getting better and better.

On 11/23/2017 at 4:53 PM, markcellis said:

Mark

Quick question, Is there a way to raise the volume for the chatter? I know that in Pilot2ATC you can raise the volume for your ATC but cant find anything for the Chatter. With the engines running and all the sounds in the cockpit I can not hear chatter at all. By the way love the chatter its awesome and a great combination with pilot2Atc.

• Upvote 1

Thank You

Steven Pow

Hi guys,

Just purchased Pilot2atc and also x-atc-chatter. I am in Australia and the website states 

file counts by region:

United States: 1,518

Europe: 1320

Canada: 287

South America: 0

Asia: 0

Africa: 0

Oceania: 130

however I only have folders for the following after the install?

Africa

Asia

Canada

Europe

Am I missing something here? Where would the Oceania folder and files be sitting?

Thx Malcolm

I purchase this rescently and over the last 2 days I've been trying to get this thing to work but no luck. I hear no chatter. Watched the demo, copy US controller folder to C:/pilot2atc_2018_x64/sounds/atc_chatter/controllers. In pilot2atc and under the sounds tab the root folder is pointing to C:/pilot2atc_2018_x64/sounds. 

controller folder chkd

play chatter chkd

pause between file playback chkd 

x plane 11-running in administrator

x-atc-chatter

Newest version of pilot2atc -running in administrator

comm radio up button pressed several times when on ground and tower frequency is active. mute is off

aircraft pwr on and tuned to ground or tower or clr delivery frequency

The individual sound wav files play back no problems

Pilot2atc and IXEG aircraft is fully functional and working  in all other aspects

Did I miss something?

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

One thing I noticed was the path to pilot2atc.  Mine is named Pilot2ATC_2016_x64.  Of course it can be changed during install.

You don't need to specify the path for the sound files.  This can eliminate a possible error not that you have just easier.

I will assume that there are a 10 sub folders in controllers each with sound files.

Maybe volume turned down.  Click on COM1 standby like you were going to enter a frequency.  Click on the UP button which controls sound volume.

Everything you describe sounds correct.

I just purchased pilot2atc last week and file path is pilot2atc_2018_x64. I have pressed the comm standby and clicked on the up button to increased radio volume. Not sure what you mean by I don't have to specify a path to the sounds folder. The demo states that you need to do this.

I don't see anyone in these forums with the same issue I have so i keep thinking I am doing something wrong but no idea what that could be. I did a couple flights with Pilot2atc and everything else works great.

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

I don't specify the sound path and all works. Learned this from Dave. It sucks that pictures cannot be posted in the forum as this is worth a thousand words.  Copied instructions from another post.  Just inform Dave what the problem is and attach your log file.  I am sure he will have a strong idea or find a new bug.  You should include information about what you are running this software upon.

Just thought of this possibility. Is the frequency changing in the plane?  I know may be dumb question but I fly FF 777 a lot and this happens to me all the time.  I have to enable Pilot2atc to control the radio.

Please email the P2A log file for this flight to admin@pilot2atc.com.

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.

This is the best place to see what is going wrong.  It is a bit cryptic but easy to read.  

It is easy to do something wrong at the beginning with this software.  For the longest time I couldn't get ATC Chatter the old long file versions to work.

Firstly I will try without a sound path. 

Frequency is not changing in the plane at all

I am not getting an error message. Chatter just doesn't work

I will get the log file and send later

Thanks for your help

George Lee

I do think you have to be connected to the aircraft and the frequency changes must be happening.  When you first connect you should receive ATIS with CLRDEL in the standby.  Then swap frequency and (on mine there can be a lengthy hang).  If the PTT button isn't going green then this is the hang.  Just give it some time.  Maybe up to a minute.  Known bug but unknown cause at this point.

If it doesn't change in the plane then ensure the PWR button on the lower left is green. If not that you will likely need to enable Avionics and Battery switch in Config/P2A Setup.  What plane are you flying?  Picking one of the stock like Baron 58 is a good place as the interface with Pilot2atc is not an issue. 

Once you get to a controller frequency you should be good to go.

I reviewed the instructions for sound.  I hope you don't have a controllers/controllers/... situation going on. 

Step by step and you will solve it.  Once you do you will definitely love this addition.