Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

ATC-Chatter available from Stick and Rudder Studios

Thank you Dave, that did the trick. I looked througout the whole "Config" section of P2A, and overlooked the volume settings in the radio dialogue.

Dave, I've been away for a couple of month's and am about to update my X-ATC Chatter program.  I am a little confused about when I want to fly in Europe.  What do I need to do to get X-ATC Chatter to work in Europe?  Do I need to manually select which region I want to fly in to get X-ATC Chatter to work.  Thanks for your help.

Rodger

At this point, you would have to save the current files/folders to the proper region so you have them later, and then copy the Europe files to the Controllers folder manually.  Some regions have a limited number of files for some controllers, so you may notice them repeating.

A future enhancement will enable the region selection in Pilot2ATC.

Dave

Hi Dave, I would too love to see an option to select the region for chatter in a future release of Pilot2ATC. Thanks.

Just a quick note to let you all know that X-ATC-Chatter 1.6 is available. For those of you that fly in Canada or want to combine the U.S. and Canada clips we now have 1,779 clips for Canada. This is a free upgrade for existing X-ATC-Chatter users.

https://mailchi.mp/stickandrudderstudios/ab4gaugl1a-2828093

Mark

I just purchased X-ATC-Chatter and read in the user guide where it is suggested to merge the US and Canada files. My question is do you merge the individual WAV files from the corresponding folders?

I purchased pilot2atc and installed it, works fine.... Then i purchased the atc chatter and set it up just like the manual and video showed.

I start pilot to atc direct the file path in sounds just like the video and manual explains and i get nothing... I hear the default xplane atis but thats it...

Any help would be appreciated...

If you want to send me a screenshot of your folder/file structure and the Sounds tab of Config, I will be glad to help figure out the problem.  Send to admin@pilot2atc.com.

Dave

Dave,

I have a few customers who have run into this. In the end leaving the sound root folder blank solved the problem. I would also suggest you get the log files. When I looked at them for one customer the folder path had duplicated segments in it. I had suggested that they send that to you but I'm not sure if they did.

Mark

Hi Dave. I’ve been chatting with Mark about an issue I’ve been experiencing with Pilot2ATC and X-ATC Chatter. It seems this may have more to do with Pilot2ATC or an issue with my config, so he suggested I touch base with you.

I’m trying to use this combo for practicing ATC, and I prefer the added immersion X-ATC provides. I have it installed inside of Pilot2ATC and am not using the standalone plugin. I have it installed per X-ATC’s setup video for Pilot2ATC.

However, when I push and hold the ptt button I have assigned to Pilot2ATC, the X-ATC clips continue to play and can be heard during my instructions to ATC and their subsequent replies, etc. Is this by design or do I have something configured incorrectly?

ideally, I’d like to be able to stifle the X-ATC chatter clips when I push the ptt button and have them remain off long enough to make my transmission and receive responses from ATC. Then the clips would resume from where they left off.

Is it working this way for others? Thanks for a great product!!

Make sure you are running the latest version of Pilot2ATC 2506 R4.  Some versions ago there was an issue with this.

Pressing the PTT button should stop the chatter while you talk and the chatter should stop while either the copilot or ATC is speaking.

There might still be some occasional misses, but generally it should stop when others are talking.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Make sure you are running the latest version of Pilot2ATC 2506 R4.  Some versions ago there was an issue with this.

Pressing the PTT button should stop the chatter while you talk and the chatter should stop while either the copilot or ATC is speaking.

There might still be some occasional misses, but generally it should stop when others are talking.

Dave

Ha! I just downloaded and installed the full version for the first time a few days ago - but ended up with R3. It didn’t occur to me that there might be a more current version.

Sure enough - R4 fixed the issue! All is working as expected now. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Pilot2ATC and X-ATC Chatter is a killer combination, IMHO. Thanks Dave and Mark!

Tip for X-ATC Chatter.   Pilot2ATC doesn't support regions yet.  However, I have found a way to do so just changing the location of the regions as this picture indicates.  I placed each region at the ATC_Chatter level.  Pilot2ATC will look in the designation location in the Config/sounds for ...controllers/...

Dam no pictures here.

ATC_Chatter

1. Africa
  2. Canada
  3. United States
  4. etc

If flying in Canada, I point P2A sounds at whatever region I am located.  For Example I enter the path to Canada and now I get Canada chatter.  Of course regions with no sound clips will not have any bites.

Enjoy.

PS.In the main Controllers directory I merged all the regions together into one worldly view.  Its so funny to get accents during flight.