Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Where do I purchase Garmin Nav data

I believe the latest trainers have updated Oct 2017 data.  I installed the new trainer and the TXI thing for fun.

In that main folder there are four subs:

Databases

GTN

Launcher

TXI

In the databases sub folder I found a lot of new files dated from this month 2017.  Try coping one at a time to see if they work.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

File date is not cycle date. these databases are old, trust me. There are from 1611 cycle.

The only more recent database available is on the Ipad GTN trainer, but i don't know if they can be copied, i don't own apple devices and don't know own they are working. And i don't kknow if they are compatible with PC trainer.

The only legal method to have more up to date databases is to buy them from garmin.

And the goal is training with this unit, no need to have the very last cycle to do so.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

5 hours ago, nirgal76 said:

And the goal is training with this unit, no need to have the very last cycle to do so.

Indeed but impossible (I think so ) with all addons to return to the same cycle as trainer have.

The only one desire of most simmers is to have the same data on all addons and the sim, but not the least one...

Hi Folks,

Yeah - personally - I don't care what cycle navdata we have but it would be nice to have the same data across the board - in FS and Garmin...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

57 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Indeed but impossible (I think so ) with all addons to return to the same cycle as trainer have.

The only one desire of most simmers is to have the same data on all addons and the sim, but not the least one...

You are right, but it's bifficult cause Base sim and addons not always as the same cycle. those of P3D are old and for example, ORBX ones are sometimes more recent. So there is already gap in cycle.

Personnaly, i use navdata from http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html and last cycle on GTN/GNS to have the same in sim and GPS.

• Upvote 1

Hi and thank you nirgal76 for the link to this website! I didn't know this existed.

As a matter of fact, this website opens the possibility to consider the alternative to update FltSim cycle to match the GTN/GNS cycle, instead of looking to update the trainer cycle to match FltSim!

Nevertheless, there is a more recent DB in the iPad trainer version (I don't know if this will work - untested). At least on macos, the downloaded trainer via iTunes saves to the disk as .ipa, which is in fact a .zip. Renaming .ipa to .zip and unzipping reveals the application which shows as a package in macos (right click then show package content), and I believe a folder on Windows. Once in the folder, it is easy to locate the DB files and try them out.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

the only thing that is missing on this site are airspace

and http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html to have a magvar update

ops, i didn't see i was on the x-plane forum, forget what i said about P3D / orbx lol

I didn't realize it was in the X-Plane forum either LOL. I've just moved the discussion to the correct forum now!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)