Sign in to follow this  
Filipe Bergami

Track the flight with android device?

Hi folks, 

Im startingmy flight simu life with x plane 11. Is there a way to track the flight through a Android device? 

Ive tried x-Plane GPS but it disnt manage to track. 

Thank you. 

That's really great. Thanks for sharing. I have been using Skyvector to create plans and then importing directly into XP11. I then use Little Navmap which when also connected to XP shows another good moving map. Being a RW pilot I sometimes use Foreflight on the iPad and it also communicates with XP11. Again, great idea using FltPlan Go.

You need to purchase X-Plane to GPS from the Google store if you're using Android device. It will not connect otherwise. I think there is an issue with the Android version of fltpln go because it works on my wife's iPad.

Once you have setup X-Plane to GPS in fltpln go select your devices GPS as a source as it connects to X-Plane then sets the device location to wherever your aircraft is located. Just make sure it's running and receiving data from X-Plane before you start fltpln go.

I've been using this combination on my Tab S2 with no problems.

Hope this helps

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Does FltPlnGo only work for North America?
Tried the website and could only get US airports recognised...EGLL not found... :(

Cheers
Keith

Hi Keith,

Yep - only North America... As a long time user of FPGO - yeah - that's the one BIG caveat... I actually spoke with FltPan.com on this and they even have the distribution blocked now in most places other than North America because they received so many complaints... It's truly a shame they don't have world wide coverage as it's a perfect complement to flight simulators... It's also the only source of FREE geo-referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams that I'm aware of...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

there is also an android version of this app. But it only seems to work in a very limited number of countries and also on a limited number of devices. It is not compatible with any of my numerous android devices. I have used X.Map, but it is fairly basic.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I can second the use of X-Plane to GPS. It works fairly well and is easy to set up. I think you need to put your device in developer mode and allow 'mock locations' in order for it to work.