Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

P3Dv3 Screen Just Blanks Out On Startup ???

Hi Folks,

Been having fits with P3Dv3 (last version) lately... I'm aware of the MS OS issue - but - I had it working just by having my flight start with the Piper Cub at a default airport - - - then switching to what I wanted to fly...

Just started having a new issue last night - last thing I did was load Bill Womack's new scenery which included SODE setup - I do not have any indication that it is actually related to my problem though...

On startup - I get the P3D splash screen - then a "loading scenery" progress bar flashes very quickly (something new ?) and when it completes - P3D just vanishes... I had noticed a new "simobjects display" process running and assumed it came from my new SODE install and the scenery... P3D is running - as the process exists but there is no icon on the task bar... I had to kill the processes to terminate... I've tried reboots - running ONLY P3D - no addons... I tried removing my p3d.cfg files and letting them rebuild... I removed Bill's scenery and the Simobjects Display... I removed and reinstalled the P3D client... No joy - I'm dead in the water...

Any ideas ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Did you see the pinned topic in this forum about P3Dv3? 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you do not have Windows 10, then be aware that whenever P3D starts up, the first thing to load is all of the modules in the dll.xml and exe.xml.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for responding...

Yeah - I've had the patch issue for many weeks - I got around it by just loading a default aircraft and a default airport - someone suggested that and it worked... The patch was killing me when I attempted to launch a flight and that was a true crash to desktop - - - now I am not even getting to the startup screen where I can launch a flight...

Regards,

Scott

Rebuild the P3D config file was a good idea.

You might want to disable add-ons one by one and test.

If there are no add-ons causing problems, then you can try "Repair" the P3D client.

note: I am still using 3.4.22 because I have all my planes and scenery working, which is not the case with 4.1

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

Pierre

If you ended your last flight with a full screen, that could be the problem.  This from the AVSIM CTD Guide:

FSUI.DLL – This module will not allow FSX/FSX-SE or P3D to load past the setup screen.  Happens suddenly.  Using multiple monitors.  Was the sim closed in Full Screen Mode?  Check the config and make sure the following setting is set in the [Main] section:  Maximized=2. 

FSX/FSX-SE or P3D will not start

• Move the dll.xml to a temporary folder.  The dll.xml loads modules at startup and most likely the cause.
  • Reinstall the FSDT Add-on Manager.
  • See FSUI.dll error above.

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

40 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

If you ended your last flight with a full screen, that could be the problem.  This from the AVSIM CTD Guide:

FSUI.DLL – This module will not allow FSX/FSX-SE or P3D to load past the setup screen.  Happens suddenly.  Using multiple monitors.  Was the sim closed in Full Screen Mode?  Check the config and make sure the following setting is set in the [Main] section:  Maximized=2. 

FSX/FSX-SE or P3D will not start

• Move the dll.xml to a temporary folder.  The dll.xml loads modules at startup and most likely the cause.
  • Reinstall the FSDT Add-on Manager.
  • See FSUI.dll error above.

Hi Jim,

You're a wealth of information - thanks for taking the time - probably full screen as that's how I always use it - I'll see what I can do with the info you posted...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Jim,

OK - I removed “dll.xml” and all the backups from my config directory (there were a bunch) - and I can now get passed my splash screen and launch a flight... Woohoo... Seems you identified the culprit - so -if I removed the fouled fie - would you know how to recover from here - so I need to reinstall all my addons - just specifics - or will it work as is ? 

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

You should also remove the entry loading the module in the dll.xml or, since you know the module that caused the crash, go to their site and download an updated version and install the update.  You definitely do not need to reinstall any add-ons as the dll.xml has nothing to do with add-ons (just has a module that gives the add-on some eye-candy).  The FSUIPC is a module that causes crashes a lot.  So just reinstall the module and see if that works!  Developers update their modules frequently when bugs are found so it is important to check for updates especially when P3D stops starting up.  Some developers will tell you when you start up P3D that their module is out of date and ask you if you want to update.

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

If you deleted all of the dll.xml's, P3DV3 will load the default dll.xml.  There are two locations for dll.xml's, one in the same folder as the P3D.cfg (old default), and one in the same folder as the scenery.cfg (new default).  Hopefully you have an old one still left over (developer's make a copy of the dll.xml when they install their product).  If you deleted all of your dll.xml's, look in the Recycle Bin and try to restore the dll.xml.  It will probably overwrite the default or become copy two.  If I read your post correctly, you did not find the offending module but removing the dll.xml fixed your problem which means one of the modules is corrupted, missing or out of date.  I would suspect the fsuipc.dll first as it is updated frequently.

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM