Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

GSX Parking

Does anyone know how to get GSX to recognise the Afcad for the airport add-on selected, i.e I have FTX: EU: England and am also using UK2000's EGCC. But when I park an aircraft at a gate and want to use GSX, it looks to park a pax aircraft, i.e. the MJC Dash 8 in the cargo area with the nose over a fence!!! Absolutely ridiculous. And when I check the GSX 'Customise airport position', it is using the Afcad for FTX:EU:England instead of UK2000's.

How can I force GSX to use the correct Afcad?

Rick, as mentioned in the FSX and P3D forums though the years, its best to disable ORBX or other AFCADS that are present when there is a 3rd party scenery being used.

In your example you could simply go into the ORBX folder that houses the EGCC AFCAD and rename it from .bgl to .off. 

You can also use the freeware AFCAD scanner to scan for duplicates for other airports and turn them off. Not sure if the ORBX tool (can’t remember the name, AEC?) also works for regions to turn off their AFCADS.

Remember, addon scenery means all other AFCADS for the same airport need to be turned off to avoid scenery, building, elevation and GSX conflicts.

BTW, in the GSX manual, not sure which page, it shows how to get GSX to not recognize other AFCADS in a certain radius, but in this case it’s best to turn off the ORBX AFCAD.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sean, thanks for that.

I did disable every reference to the Orbx_EU_ENG in the Scenery Library.

Is it the P3D\Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_Scenery folder I look into, because I have found an EGGC.BGL and an EGCC_CVX.bgl ?

So as not to screw up, do I rename both or just the EGCC.BGL?

35 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Sean, thanks for that.

Is it the P3D\Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_Scenery folder I look into, because I have found an EGGC.BGL and an EGCC_CVX.bgl ?

Usually you want to set both to off.... it is normal for airport files to be separated into various parts where cvx contains terrain polys I believe.  Look further down in the directory, often orbx will also have an objects file for the location as well.  I use the Windows 10 Explorer find window in the upper left to find all EGGC files, as an example.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Sean, thanks for that.

Yes, rename the cvx and AFCAD to both .off. 

Dont count on P3D or FSX scenery library layers and disabling them to give respect to AFCADS. Best to turn off any AFCADS period from ORBX stuff, MTX, or any other addon that adds AFCADS that correspond with payware addon sceneries to avoid issues like this in the future.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rick did you also select the AFCAD option in the options when you installed UK2000. It normally means you deselect static aircraft.

But think ORBX UK is the problem, check also the airport for building or double building!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Yes, rename the cvx and AFCAD to both .off. 

Dont count on P3D or FSX scenery library layers and disabling them to give respect to AFCADS. Best to turn off any AFCADS period from ORBX stuff, MTX, or any other addon that adds AFCADS that correspond with payware addon sceneries to avoid issues like this in the future.

Thanks, Sean. I do that with the MTX Afcad deletions as the GSX 'Customise airport position' shows that path. But will now follow your tips.

9 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Rick did you also select the AFCAD option in the options when you installed UK2000. It normally means you deselect static aircraft.

But think ORBX UK is the problem, check also the airport for building or double building!

David, in UK2000 install, I tick the boxes to select Afcads as well as tick using FTX. Odd that you should mention that, because that is precisely what I had at EGCC, my local airport, yet I had the default buildings juxtaposed

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Thanks, Sean. I do that with the MTX Afcad deletions as the GSX 'Customise airport position' shows that path. But will now follow your tips.

David, in UK2000 install, I tick the boxes to select Afcads as well as tick using FTX. Odd that you should mention that, because that is precisely what I had at EGCC, my local airport, yet I had the default buildings juxtaposed

Not really odd, I had it as well. Unless you're flying GA, I would recommend you stick to OLC Rick. I remember having same problems as you untill I got Orbx EGCC files deleted. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip