Sign in to follow this  
ParisianZee

An Ode to the MD11

35 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

If you are referring to the real fleet.  FedEx flys 757,767, A300, MD-10, MD-11 and 777.  The 777 is the smallest of the fleets still unless they have retired more MD-10s as they phase them out for 767s.

Arent the A310's still flying? - David Lee

Just now, 777200lrf said:

Arent the A310's still flying? - David Lee

Yes sir, but there's only like 5 or so left.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

The song "I need a doctor" comes to mind. Someone put it over a Concorde tribute, but it works brilliantly with the MD-11 as well! Just bring her back to life!

Don't forget about UPS! Isn't FedEx's fleet just 777F and MD-11s? I've seen a 737 in their livery but I'm not sure if that was photoshop or not. Makes no difference as we don't have a 737 BCF from PMDG but maybe it'll make its debut in the new version of the NGX or possibly an expansion after the -8 is out. One can hope!

Hi John, The MD11 tends now to be the reducing member of the freight fleets these day. I suppose due to limited supply of frames and of course parts. FedEx have about 99 MD11/DC10, but also Airbus and 757,767, 777 and ATR feeder fleet fleet with an average age of 22 years. UPS have 37 MD11, along with Airbus, B757 and 767, and still have 747 in their fleet.

Geoff Bryce

36 minutes ago, por930 said:

Hi John, The MD11 tends now to be the reducing member of the freight fleets these day. I suppose due to limited supply of frames and of course parts. FedEx have about 99 MD11/DC10, but also Airbus and 757,767, 777 and ATR feeder fleet fleet with an average age of 22 years. UPS have 37 MD11, along with Airbus, B757 and 767, and still have 747 in their fleet.

ups 747-8F's look beautiful coming out of the paint shop - David Lee

I wouldn't think twice and get her again, she had certain beauty about her that just made her timeless!!

Sean Lamb

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Fingers crossed that PMDG will change mind, i hope that recent Kyle's survey was not just to tease us :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Artur 

13 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Fingers crossed that PMDG will change mind, i hope that recent Kyle's survey was not just to tease us :biggrin:

What survey?!

*hope of MD-11 V2 slightly increases.*

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

i hope that recent Kyle's survey was not just to tease us :biggrin:

Survey??? What survey???

7 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

If you are referring to the real fleet.  FedEx flys 757,767, A300, MD-10, MD-11 and 777.  The 777 is the smallest of the fleets still unless they have retired more MD-10s as they phase them out for 767s.

Forgot about the 757/767s.... they still fly the dinosaur that is the A300? 

I wont need to write a paragraph here for my love of the MD-11 as the bulk of the comments here are exactly my sentiments. Truly do miss it in P3D. Very unique sort of Boeing Airbus hybrid with such character. Day one buy if it was every reconsidered. At the very least, hoping that TFDI decides to broaden their horizons. 

• Upvote 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

Forgot about the 757/767s.... they still fly the dinosaur that is the A300? 

Yea.  About 70 of them. Their second largest type in fleet.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I consider myself fortunate that I have the FSX MD-11 on DVD, especially when reading all the comments above which I agree with totally. It's great to have a variety of aircraft to fly and this tri-jet in my heavy fleet just complements things perfectly.

I still think the range of liveries and body texture of this plane is as good as anything around. If anything perhaps a little too pristine for purists.  

The virtual cockpit graphics could do with a little sharpening up but on a selfish note the only thing missing for me, at present, is a weather radar. If an add-on for this was available it would be up there with the best.

• Upvote 1

Bernard Walford

I still have my FSX-SE with only ORBX Global, selected airports and the MD-11 on it.  There is just something about this aircraft that I can't let go.  The graphics still beat other aged model such as the LVD-767 in my opinion.  If there is no PMDG v2, then I can only hope the XP11 Rotate version will live up and continue the legend.

• Upvote 2

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

2 hours ago, HighTowers said:

I wont need to write a paragraph here for my love of the MD-11 as the bulk of the comments here are exactly my sentiments. Truly do miss it in P3D. Very unique sort of Boeing Airbus hybrid with such character. Day one buy if it was every reconsidered. At the very least, hoping that TFDI decides to broaden their horizons. 

Agree Dave. I was just looking at the TDFI 717, and a few things in there remind me very much of the MD11. While I "sort of" understand PMDG decision to not build a new MD11, I hoped they would at least spend some time updating it to Win10. I have the MD11 on my Win7 machine, but the Win10 machine will not accept the MD11 install, though it does the 747??. 

Geoff Bryce

Damn, I love the MD-11.   My friends and I would buy an updated version instantly!

• Upvote 1