Sign in to follow this  
ParisianZee

An Ode to the MD11

How cool would it be to get a MD-11 v2 as well as a DC-10 collection in PMDG quality? That would be like the ultimate McDonnell Douglas tri-jet collection. I'm already getting wet dreams thinking about it.

Yeah, I know the chances of PMDG making a Concorde are higher than that, but hey, this is just for fun right?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Maintenance Deferral for Wx Radar and GPWS.  Your DMI#: 18235 and 18236.  Wx Radar is B on the 747...so give ya three days.  And the GPWS is within a few flights.  But fear not.  Mx promises whatever voodoo they do will fix the problems....but you'll soon discover whatever they did did not actually fix anything.  So they'll defer them again.  
There, fixed the realism problem for ya.  Nothing is more realistic than having those stupid stickers on the flight deck and maintenance promising they "fixed" something.  :-D

True but every single flight not having either, I'd complain to the chief pilot or the union. And there have been a couple, umm, incidents, and certain airplanes turning too quickly on departure of HKG. Important to have terrain for that :-D - David Lee

8 hours ago, walfob said:

Hi Geoff, I should have more correctly said, I don't have any problems now with Win-10, but I had no end of problems when it first installed itself on my machine. I had no end of grief re-configuring my set up and systems to the extent that it almost brought my flight simming career to a full stop. I can't fully recollect all the re-configuring it took to hook everything back up, but it's buried somewhere in this forum. The greatest problems arose due to system incompatibility with Win-10 (sound cards, graphics cards etc,etc) and I had to disconnect them, or use my on board cards. 

Much as this forum seems to be developing into, I don't have P3Dv4. It seems to me it would make all the system I have at present (set-up,aircraft, scenery and weather radar etc) in FSX obsolete; and I'm not prepared for the time and expense of purchasing everything anew. Besides judging by the number of problems this forum throws up about P3Dv4, I'd much prefer to stay with the system I've got.      

Hi Bernard,

It seems when I dig into the MD11 install on a Win10 machine, some users are lucky and need to do very little, if anything. Others, like me, it is a long journey. I too have a big investment in FSX a/c and addons, the MD11 is one of them. If I can't get the MD11 to work on Win10 FSX, I may have to rebuild my Win7 FSX machine, or at least try and solve its occasional kernel error issue, which sort of kills the mood when a CTD mid flight.

I accept the 64 bit flight sim engine will reign supreme, hence why some of the Devs are no longer going to build for 32 bit platforms. I also succumbed and went the P3Dv4 way, and see it as the way forward with the least obsolescence. I just hope that the 64 bit bench mark can settle down so the Devs can catch up. If LM keep changing the rules every few years, causing major changes, this will become a issue.    

Geoff Bryce

I, also would buy first day.

Jerry Friz

12 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I can't help feeling hope everytime i see a new MD-11 thread. There's no better looking heavy jet in the world.

Well, maybe the DC-10 :P

Ahem...

(I can think of four other commercial jets that are worthy.)

+1 Yes to everything that has been said here. I would buy it right out...:gaul:

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Lufthansa calls their MD-11 "die Elfen", a wordplay in German of course with the number eleven morphing into "the elves". I find it a rather compelling name.

Sorry to hear that some have problems with Win10. I have had no issues whatsoever, but I hope that you may overcome the problems, because the PMDG MD-11 still is beyond awesome.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

I recently bought the full official PMDG printed manual set in perfect condition from a kind person here on Avsim :) It's still my favorite commercial aircraft simulation and as long as FSX draws breath (got really scary there for a moment with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update...), it'll be installed on my PC.

Love my MD11 but I get such horrid performance with fsx compared to p3dv4.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Boomer said:

Love my MD11 but I get such horrid performance with fsx compared to p3dv4.

On the plus side, the MD-11 performs far smoother than any other more recent addon :)

Preparing for a long haul to the Far East.

2017-11-1_14-17-44-3303edf43.jpg

Yes, I know it should be on the Cargo Ramp but it looks better from the passenger terminal.

• Upvote 3

Bernard Walford

Might be time to re install fsx or se just to fly her again. Great plane. Sad it wont make it to V4 but at least we are getting the JS41, which I will be back flying on the daily.

• Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

10 hours ago, molleh said:

The cargo queen of the skies..

Concur.

It is also said that the 747 may well be the Queen of the Skies, however the DC-10/MD-11 is certainly the Diva thereof.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,

Christian Kelter