Sign in to follow this  
Bill Griffith

Minor Issues with P2ATC

The last two day the TERPS selection won't load a approach plate.  I get a PDF symbol though.  The other thing is that when I right click the mouse on any screen (I have two monitors, one for P2ATC and one for the sim.) P2ATC minimizes.  I don't have a joystick button or a key selected for this and in Minimize Setup the Minimize to Task Bar and the Enable selections are not checked.  Minor problem actually but I wouldn't mind correcting them.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Bill,

It sounds like you're not getting through on the internet to get the Approach plates.  Have you tried other airports by typing in various Airport codes in the upper left of the TERPs window?  I just tried it and it works fine. 

The Minimize issue sounds like the window is disappearing behind other windows.  Be sure you have the "On Top" button pressed (Green) next to the Connect button.  Also, try pressing the Clear button in the Minimize Joystick Button area in case the Mouse is somehow set as the button but not showing up in the settings area.

Dave

You are right on my internet connection Dave.  It seems to be up and down at the moment.  I was wrong about the P2ATC screen minimizing.  I have two monitors with P2ATC displayed one and P3D displayed full screen on the other.  What is happening is that when I right click the mouse the P2ATC screen jumps to the P3D monitor.  If P2ATC is set to Always on Top then it is on top of the P3D screen and if not it is behind the P3D screen (My original condition.).  This seems to be a Windows thing but the P2ATC screen is the only screen that does this.  I can open other screens on the second monitor and they stay put when I right click.  Any ideas?

Thank you,

Bill

Edit:  I should add that this only happens when I have P2ATC and P3D running.  If P3D is closed then P2ATC stays put.

Bill  N7IBG     

To add to my prior statement, "I should add that this only happens when I have P2ATC and P3D running.  If P3D is closed then P2ATC stays put."  And this only happens if P2ATC and P3D are 'Connected'.  I thought of trying this later and it was the case.  The only Button/Key selection that I have enabled is for the PTT button on my control wheel.  All the others are disabled/cleared.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Sounds like it might have to do with running P3D in full screen mode vs Windowed mode.  Try changing modes and see if it still happens.  When in Full screen Mode, P3D tries to control all the screens.

Dave

I tried windowed and full screen modes and setting both monitors to the same resolution and I still had the same results.  But..... after all of this, I set the screens back to my original settings and the problem is gone for now.  :biggrin:  I'm sure that something with Windows was reset or unset and no more screen jumping on right clicks.  

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Well, it didn't last.  The next flight it back to the jumping back and forth.  I will just live with it. :blink:   I don't often need to right click anyway.  Still loving P2ATC.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

i found the problem related by Bill . 

the right button of the mouse activate the "arrow" next to the left of COM1 in the bottom section as soon as P2A is connected to the sim (xplane 11 for me) . I cannot find a solution too , and like Bill, nothing is binded in the config section .

I'm on trial and this problem give me headache each time i use the right button , preventing me to enjoy this software . 

If Dave can give a tip to get rid of this function .... 

To be sure I understand. 

If you right-click anywhere on any screen, P2A shrinks to only show the Comm Area on the bottom and the Info area of the top.  Map and Flight Plan disappear.

Or, does P2A disappear completely?  Or do you have to click on X-Plane or P3D?

More details will help me see what's going on because I cannot make the right mouse do anything in P2A unless I set it as a Joystick Button in P2A.

Thanks,

Dave

PS - In looking into this I have found some bugs and will fix them for the next release.  However, they don't relate to the Right Mouse Button doing anything.

7 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you right-click anywhere on any screen, P2A shrinks to only show the Comm Area on the bottom and the Info area of the top.  Map and Flight Plan disappear.

Exactly this .... as if right click anywhere , on first monitor ( xplane) or second monitor, activate the button just on the left of COM1 . 

For me the  P2ATCscreen  jumps to the primary monitor.  The P2ATC screen was hidden behind the sim screen so I though that it had minimized.  When I selected always on top as Dave suggested then I found out what was going on.  When always on top was selected. then the P2ATC screen would jump to the primary monitor on top of the sim screen.  Full screen, not full screen and setting the monitors to the same resolution didn't change things.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

If you both could email me your AppConfig.xml file to admin @ pilot2atc.com, I'll see if I can figure out what setting is causing this strange behavior.

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml

where <UserName> is your PC user name.

Thanks,

Dave

Will do Dave.  An additional comment, if the Comm screen is open it remains in place when the main P2ATC screen jumps.  I don't know if that is of  any help.

Thank you,

Bill

Bill  N7IBG