Sign in to follow this  
Bill Griffith

Minor Issues with P2ATC

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to report that I replaced the AppConfig.xml file with the one that you sent and I still had the problem. I feel bad, I was hoping to give you good new.

Best regards,

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Bill,

Can you try pressing the Minimize button on the main screen to the left of the Active Com window and see if it does the same thing as right-clicking?

If it does, then try moving and sizing the screen back to where you want it and press the button again to see if it stays on the proper monitor.

Thanks

Dave

like i said in the email, thank you for the AppConfig.xml , it works well now . 

I just want to be offtopic a moment, to ask a question concerning the settings (don't want to open a file for that) :

i would like to display all the frequencies and runways in numbers rather than in letters in the Speech assistant window , to facilitate the lecture and shorten the phrases (ex: runway two four right = runway 2 4 R ) . Is it possible in the settings to change that ? If not could be in the future ? Thx

Hi Dave,

I tried a couple of things.  I tried the minimize arrow to the left of the Comm panel and It didn't act the same as the other problem of switching screens.  The P2ATC window did minimize but I had to right click to get it to come back up.  Sometimes the P2ATC screen would come back as a very small rectangle and I would have to expand it back to the size that it had been.  Using the minimize symbol on the upper right side of the P2ATC screen would minimize the P2ATC screen but when I tried to maximize the screen, the P2ATC screen comes up with the main screen blank.  The screen had the Comm panel, call sign/connect box and the Sayit and comm verbiage panel across the bottom and across the top the Time, WPT, Distance, DTK, ETE listing, etc.  At this point I was not able to get the P2ATC screen to come back properly except by closing the program and restarting P2ATC. And then right clicking didn't cause the P2ATC screen to jump back and forth, instead the screen went  from the center being blank, to the center having the proper map.  Different symptom of the problem I'm afraid.  I hope that this isn't too confusing.  I know that I'm confused now.  :biggrin:

Thank for your support efforts Dave.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Here is the full Pilot2ATC Screen.  Notice the little arrow to the left of the Com area is pointing down.

Mini1.png

If you press the Minimize Key, it should look something like the following.  We'll call this "Minimized Mode".  Notice that the little arrow is now pointing up, indicating that the window is minimized and ready to be restored to Full Screen.

Mini2.png

If you resize or maximize the screen while it is in "Minimized Mode" it will look like the full screen with the Map and Flight Plan Missing, like below:

Mini3.png

To get back to the normal "Full Screen" with map and flight plan showing, just click on the same Minimize Button, that is now pointing up instead of down, and the "Full Screen" will be restored.

The Maximize, Minimize, etc buttons on the top right of the screen are all Windows standard controls and are not implemented by Pilot2ATC but rather by Windows. 

If you have maximized P2A using the Windows Maximize button and then press the Minimize arrow in P2A, you will get the large blank window (3rd image) because Windows prevents P2A from resizing the window.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, richardcrew said:

like i said in the email, thank you for the AppConfig.xml , it works well now . 

I just want to be offtopic a moment, to ask a question concerning the settings (don't want to open a file for that) :

i would like to display all the frequencies and runways in numbers rather than in letters in the Speech assistant window , to facilitate the lecture and shorten the phrases (ex: runway two four right = runway 2 4 R ) . Is it possible in the settings to change that ? If not could be in the future ? Thx

Richard, unfortunately the speech window is used for generating speech as well as for displaying it, so at present it must be in speakable text.

However, if you enable the option "Show ATC Assignments" on the main setup tab in Config, the Assigned Frequency will display below the Com area in white letters so you always know what the assigned frequency is. 

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Here is the full Pilot2ATC Screen.  Notice the little arrow to the left of the Com area is pointing down.

Mini1.png

If you press the Minimize Key, it should look something like the following.  We'll call this "Minimized Mode".  Notice that the little arrow is now pointing up, indicating that the window is minimized and ready to be restored to Full Screen.

Mini2.png

If you resize or maximize the screen while it is in "Minimized Mode" it will look like the full screen with the Map and Flight Plan Missing, like below:

Mini3.png

To get back to the normal "Full Screen" with map and flight plan showing, just click on the same Minimize Button, that is now pointing up instead of down, and the "Full Screen" will be restored.

The Maximize, Minimize, etc buttons on the top right of the screen are all Windows standard controls and are not implemented by Pilot2ATC but rather by Windows. 

If you have maximized P2A using the Windows Maximize button and then press the Minimize arrow in P2A, you will get the large blank window (3rd image) because Windows prevents P2A from resizing the window.

Hope this helps.

That definitely explains what I am seeing.  On my system though the 'arrow' never does minimize the P2ATC screen as in the center image above.  The P2ATC screen stays full size with no map until I select the down arrow and the map returns as you stated.  I don't want to cause you to use up anymore time on this and I appreciate your efforts.  The original problem (Jumping back and forth.) isn't a big deal and I can certainly live with it.  It would take a great deal more then that to keep me from using P2ATC.  :biggrin:

Best regards,

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Bill,

No problem. 

What you need to do when you go into P2A Minimized Mode and the screen goes blank is to pull it off of the top of the screen to get it out of Windows Maximized mode so you can resize it down to the middle picture size.  After that, it should remember that size and position and will go to that when you press the down arrow, unless you have the main window maximized, in which case you get the blank screen again.

So the moral of the story is to get the application out of Windows Maximized mode/state before using the little down arrow.

Also, if we're lucky, the next update might fix the screen jumping.

Dave

5 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Bill,

No problem. 

What you need to do when you go into P2A Minimized Mode and the screen goes blank is to pull it off of the top of the screen to get it out of Windows Maximized mode so you can resize it down to the middle picture size.  After that, it should remember that size and position and will go to that when you press the down arrow, unless you have the main window maximized, in which case you get the blank screen again.

So the moral of the story is to get the application out of Windows Maximized mode/state before using the little down arrow.

Also, if we're lucky, the next update might fix the screen jumping.

Dave

That worked like a charm Dave.  :biggrin:  Just an update, since I set the minimize mode properly, the screen doesn't jump between monitors any more, it just goes in and out of minimize mode and it stays on the same monitor.  Even less of a problem this way.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

18 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Richard, unfortunately the speech window is used for generating speech as well as for displaying it, so at present it must be in speakable text.

what you can do so is to put in red all the text inside brackets ( [callsign], [heading] [altitude] etc ...) to catch quickly the important information in the speech assistant window : this window is important for me because english is not my first langage (and pilot is not my first job :o) ) . I think you can improve a lot this speech assistant window . A few exemples in mind :

- the punctuation is absent , and it's difficult generally with long phrases .

- the response we should say should appear after the ATC  is finished talking and not at the same time .

- and of course , a better integration of the window in xplane , lighter , translucide , typo changer , ... like in FSX .

Some settings also to change the color background : black is ... depressing .

Be an artist my friend ! Graphism and beauty is part of life too :))

Good continuation !