Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Problem after Transitioning to FSX:SE

I have two problems I've noticed since I transitioned to FSX:SE.  The first is that after flying the Duke Turbine V2, the first time in FSX:SE it was fine.  However, the next time I went to fly I noticed I no longer have reverse thrust.  The same thing occurred when I flew the Carenado S550 Citation II.  First flight great. Had thrust reversers.  Second flight no thrust reversers.  Got frustrated so I decided to uninstall the Citation and reinstall.  Really bad idea.  Now I not only have no thrust reversers, I cannot install the GTN 750.  I have tried everything I can think of.  Don't understand why the first flight in each of these planes was fine, then why I lost reverse thrust in each airplane.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Had a very hard time reinstalling the Citation.  I have everything on my D: and everytime I went to install the Citation it ALWAYS created a separate "Sim Objects" file and put the Citation in it.  I could not get it to even load.  Kept working and finally got it to load but with no GTN 750 and no reverse.  Frustrated.  Is there a trick to loading new aircraft into Steam Edition.  I made sure to check the box for FSX:SE but still not working.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

How are you selecting reverse thrust? Did you re-assign it to a different key or button?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

30 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

How are you selecting reverse thrust? Did you re-assign it to a different key or button?

There was no reassignment or anything.  On both airplanes all you had to do was pull the throttle back and if you pull it back far enough it would go into reverse thrust.  There is no selecting anything it was all done thru the throttle.  I didn't change any assignments or anything.  Apparently the reverse thrust in both airplanes was programed that way, and like I said, the first flight in Steam edition was fine.  But the next time I flew both airplanes reverse thrust was gone.  However, if I take the cursor and put it over the individual throttle left click and pull the throttle back it goes into reverse, no problem.  I have a CH Flight Sim yoke and up to now it has worked great.  I just don't know why the throttle on the yoke won't take the throttles into reverse when I can with the mouse and cursor.  Really frustrating as both the Duke Turbine V2 and the S550 Citation are my favorite airplanes to fly.

Can't comment on the Citation but I have the Duke Turbine V2 and for me, when I close the throttle fully that's all that happens - I don't go into reverse thrust. I had to assign that to my Saitek throttle separately. It would be unusual for the bottom part of the normal throttle movement to automatically select reverse thrust as this would mean that if you closed the throttle in flight you'd get reverse thrust which would be dangerous. Have you tried using F2 (press and hold) on the keyboard to select reverse thrust when the throttle is closed?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Did you verify those products claimed compatibility with FSX:SE? 

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Vortex681 you just solved the problem.  I didn't know about F2.  I just don't understand why every turboprop and the citation before I made the transition when I went to idle the thrust reverser opened on the jet and the turboprop would go into reverse thrust.  And you are right I had to be very careful with the throttle in flight as they would go into reverse.  But now I'm good to go.  Thanks.  

I have been out of touch for quite awhile.What is FSX-SE and what is transitioning to it?I have used FS since its inception and have grown a little disinterested since no new versions.Is this something new that would get me interested again?Just curious.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

In a nutshell:

FSX:SE is the Steam Edition of good old FSX which has been around since 2006. Steam Edition refers to FSX's last incarnation released by Dovetail Games on Steam. Dovetail were allowed to optimise some of the coding. FSX:SE is though to be more stable than the boxed FSX.

What is Steam when it's not being used to make a cup of tea or drive a locomotive?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)

Hope this helps, Ron.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)