Sign in to follow this  
LH067U

FSX Flight Mode UI CTD

Hi guys,

I struggle with the MCE within the FSX on my rig.

Speech recognition runs fine so far but when I try to get to the Flight Mode the sim crashes down.

But I want to select manually-not via speech.

What I have tested by now:

1. FSX menu option on direct way out of the sim by selecting an item causes CTD every time.

2. Sometimes it works when I select "FORCE TO FLIGHT MENU" from the taskbar icon by clicking right. Sometimes.

My system: Win10 64-bit UAC off, FSX with ACC, headset, Saitek Cyborg EVO FORCE 3D with FFB, MCE Ultimate latest version

FSX and MCE run as admin

:mellow: Is there no simple way to change some settings like time, ... without shooting down the FSX?

Cheers

Uwe

Just now, uhecht said:

Hi guys,

I struggle with the MCE within the FSX on my rig.

Speech recognition runs fine so far but when I try to get to the Flight Mode the sim crashes down.

But I want to select manually-not via speech.

What I have tested by now:

1. FSX menu option on direct way out of the sim by selecting an item causes CTD every time.

2. Sometimes it works when I select "FORCE TO FLIGHT MENU" from the taskbar icon by clicking right. Sometimes.

My system: Win10 64-bit UAC off, FSX with ACC, headset, Saitek Cyborg EVO FORCE 3D with FFB, MCE Ultimate latest version

FSX and MCE run as admin

:mellow: Is there no simple way to change some settings like time, ... without shooting down the FSX?

Cheers

Uwe

Hi Uwe

Are you using an online ATC that displays panels. FsCopilot (FSInn) or other?

What is your MCE installation path?

I assume you patched your boxed FSX installation folder with SP1, before installing acceleration pack.

Hi FS++,

I normally use vpilot in network to dispaly any panels on a different computer.

My installation path is the default one C:/Program Files/...

FSX is installed on a different drive with SP1 and acceleration pack -not to default c:-

By the way: MCE runs out of working while approaching. When I re-start MCE then again I run into CTD when touching down. I am frustrated becaue I thought it will be much better than FS2Crew and / or because there is no FS2CREW for FSLabs A320 by now. I have never had such Problem for years :angry:

Cheers Uwe

10 minutes ago, uhecht said:

Hi FS++,

I normally use vpilot in network to dispaly any panels on a different computer.

My installation path is the default one C:/Program Files/...

FSX is installed on a different drive with SP1 and acceleration pack -not to default c:-

By the way: MCE runs out of working while being on approach. When I re-start MCE then again I run into CTD when touching down. I am frustrated becaue I thought it will be much better than FS2Crew and / or because there is no FS2CREW for FSLabs A320 by no. I have never had such Problem for years :angry:

Cheers Uwe

My understanding you're referring to MCE CTD. It should rarely if ever bring down the sim with it, because we run it as an external process. We even make the speech engine run inside "mce.exe" instead of fsInsider.dll where it would eat valuable FSX VAS and could bomb the simulator any time.

Set "fsx.exe" to run as administrator.

Regarding VPilot...

Go to FSX installation folder and open "fsInsider.ini"

Change "DialogReference=0" to "DialogReference=1" and save

MCE should then start to flight mode, unless there is a FSX dialog box displayed.

What other add-ons are you running?

I mean those that have dlls loading on start-up "dll.xml", not scenery or aircraft?

When launching MCE and FsLabs A320 is

Load FsLabs with engines running.

Start MCE.

Do you see "[MCE] voice control is ready" in red font within about 5 to 7 minutes confirming FCU data has been detected? SPD is only detected once airborne.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

My understanding you're referring to MCE CTD. It should rarely if ever bring down the sim with it, because we run it as an external process. We even make the speech engine run inside "mce.exe" instead of fsInsider.dll where it would eat valuable FSX VAS and could bomb the simulator any time.

Regarding VPilot...

MCE should then start to flight mode, unless there is a FSX dialog box displayed.

I mean those that have dlls loading on start-up "dll.xml", not scenery or aircraft?

Start MCE.

Do you see "[MCE] voice control is ready" in red font within about 5 to 7 minutes confirming FCU data has been detected? SPD is only detected once airborne.

Thank you very much so far. I will try your suggestions. 

Did I unterstand you correctly to start  fslabs A 320 with engines running for testing if MCE is initializing?

I additionally have REX, REX 4 Texture Direct with soft cloudes and vPilot running. 

5 minutes ago, Uwe Hecht said:

Thank you very much so far. I will try your suggestions. 

Did I unterstand you correctly to start  fslabs A 320 with engines running for testing if MCE is initializing?

I additionally have REX, REX 4 Texture Direct with soft cloudes and vPilot running. 

Normally VPilot is known about and the only thing it causes is to fool MCE that there is an open (FSX) dialog box. That's why it gets stuck in DIALOG MODE.

The workaround is to edit "fsInsider.ini" so that it takes that into consideration.

Texture based add-ons shouldn't have any incidence, as MCE doesn't do any graphics inside the sim. NO FSX files are modified either, not even "panel.cfg" or "Aircraft.cfg".

You can start FSL A320 in any state you like.

I wanted you to start it with engines running for the following reason.

The FSL A320 has no SDK.

Despite that, we managed to interface pretty much everything in FSX.

The most challenging part was working out in which state the FCU values are.

Take the heading for example...

It doesn't exist at all until the IRS have initialized. Not only have to scan the entire FSX VAS for it, but won't even find it until you do multiple passes on the memory region where it happens to be, and when it decides to surface :smile:.

When you start in cold and dark, it could take MCE up to 15 minutes to work out HDG, ALT, VS, QNH on FCU panel, mostly because HDG takes time to show up

When you start with all engines running it's much quicker (2 to 3 minutes max, as the HDG would be ready and MCE wouldn't have to keep scanning the VAS

You should see "[MCE] FCU voice control is ready" when the VAS scan is complete, otherwise something is wrong.

SPD is a different story. We haven't managed top locate it on ground. Somehow it's available when airborne.

Because of that, once you pass a specific altitude (to prevent a performance drop during takeoff) a new scan is done in order to find FCU SPD. This one shouldn't last more than a couple of minutes.

Always start aircraft and wait until it has initialized completely (green bar to zero), then start MCE.

Shame there is no video showing MCE with FSL bus. It definitely works very well in FSX.

With P3D, there is currently a limitation. FO cannot click those square type switches. Overhead panel, auto-brake and  and FMC-CDU buttons. Everything else should work as in FSX.

Confirm up and running now.

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

Regarding VPilot...

Start MCE.

When I set the fsinsider.ini DialogReference=1 there is no further change of FSX menu items possible. But how can I set the time to desired flight time after MCE has started. I do think that it will block  at all. 

MCE is running fine so far and has initialised fast.

I am on my way to EDDF and hope to have a nice down and no CTD anymore. Will report

Cheers 

Uwe

1 hour ago, Uwe Hecht said:

When I set the fsinsider.ini DialogReference=1 there is no further change of FSX menu items possible. But how can I set the time to desired flight time after MCE has started. I do think that it will block  at all. 

MCE is running fine so far and has initialised fast.

I am on my way to EDDF and hope to have a nice down and no CTD anymore. Will report

Cheers 

Uwe

Maybe this is unknown issue. What do you mean by "no further change of FSX menu items possible". fsInsider.dll shouldn't prevent you changing any settings in FSX.

Do you have a link to VPilot software you're using to see if we can reproduce.

What other add-ons that load a dll in FSX do you have?

Eventually send "dll.xml" to support[at]multicrewxp.com

Have used it many years ago and there wasn't any major issue.

Meanwhile, enjoy your flight.

When you speak a command, fsInsider will display what you say and append the remaining FSX VAS between parenthesis, so that you know where you stand with regards VAS limit.

Some news as announced:

1. FSX CTD again during approach just before touching down. A fsx message has displayed saying that a sub-windows could not be opened...whatever.
  2. In my eyes it is an W10 version 1709 error that produces conflicts with the application.
  3. MCE was still running and responding even when the FSX shut down. Thumbs up!
  4. MCE is out of focus right now!
  5. I reset my W10 to former version 1703.
  6. Version 1703 was the last one when everything went fine with FSX,FSLABA320, vpilot, ... 
  7. Later I bought MCE and installed it on version 1709 and thought it is buggy. Nope-seems to be brilliant as I expected before buying it.
  8. If I can finish a flight with touchdown as I always do I will report. Fingers crossed :mellow:

6 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Maybe this is unknown issue. What do you mean by "no further change of FSX menu items possible". fsInsider.dll shouldn't prevent you changing any settings in FSX.

When FSX and MCE are running I am not able to get into the FSX UI. Fortunatley the FSinsider entry DialogReference=1 prevents the sim not to shut down. That's good but I am not able to reset time, different gate or any other fsx settings because it is being blocked.

The thing is that I often set time about 1 hours earlier to do all the cockpit preps. Normally it takes about 15 min for all preps depending on if I am interrupted by phone calls or others. Then I start vPilot and reset the sim time to the scheduled flight time. But since the installation of MCE it has not been possible anymore. 

13 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Do you have a link to VPilot software you're using to see if we can reproduce.

I use the vPilot software with the latest updates. It does update automatically when there is a newer one available.

Latest Stable Version: 2.1.7 - Released 08/21/17 http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Download.aspx 

16 minutes ago, FS++ said:

What other add-ons that load a dll in FSX do you have?

Eventually send "dll.xml" to support[at]multicrewxp.com

Can't really attach the dll.xml :-(

How can I get the file to you for checking?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Uwe Hecht said:

When FSX and MCE are running I am not able to get into the FSX UI. Fortunatley the FSinsider entry DialogReference=1 prevents the sim not to shut down. That's good but I am not able to reset time, different gate or any other fsx settings because it is being blocked.

The thing is that I often set time about 1 hours earlier to do all the cockpit preps. Normally it takes about 15 min for all preps depending on if I am interrupted by phone calls or others. Then I start vPilot and reset the sim time to the scheduled flight time. But since the installation of MCE it has not been possible anymore. 

I use the vPilot software with the latest updates. It does update automatically when there is a newer one available.

Latest Stable Version: 2.1.7 - Released 08/21/17 http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Download.aspx 

Can't really attach the dll.xml :-(

How can I get the file to you for checking?

Cheers

Copy and paste the content of dll.xml to this forum thread or send it to support[at]multicrewxp.com. (replace [at] with @)

Will download the VPilot app and see what's happening.

Obviously, fsInsider.dll isn't expected to block interaction with FSX menus and dialog boxes. Therefore something's not right there.

This is the content of my dll.xml

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

10 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Copy and paste the content of dll.xml to this forum thread or send it to support[at]multicrewxp.com. (replace [at] with @)

Will download the VPilot app and see what's happening.

Obviously, fsInsider.dll isn't expected to block interaction with FSX menus and dialog boxes. Therefore something's not right there.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>F:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLOptions</Name>

<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLOptions.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLEvents</Name>

<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLEvents.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLSounds</Name>

<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLSounds.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Multi Crew Experience</Name>

<Path>fsInsider.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLSpotLights</Name>

<Path>FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights_FSX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

37 minutes ago, Uwe Hecht said:

This is the content of my dll.xml

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>

<Path>F:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLOptions</Name>

<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLOptions.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLEvents</Name>

<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLEvents.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLSounds</Name>

<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLSounds.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Multi Crew Experience</Name>

<Path>fsInsider.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLSpotLights</Name>

<Path>FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights_FSX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Thanks for the list.

All these dlls are known to work OK alongside fsInsider.dll

The exception is FSLSpotLights_FSX.dll which I don't have.

Suggest you temporarily change <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> to <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad> for the spotlights only.

On next FSX start, you'll be prompted to load that dll. Don't load it, just to see if it makes a difference.

I downloaded VPilot you sent the link for.

It turns out, it's a different software than the one I had in mind. 

This one doesn't create windows inside FSX process. No need to change "DialogReference=1". Switch it back to "DialogReference=0".

As you can see from the screenshots, it loads OK, and MCE switches back and forth between FLIGHT MODE (no FSX dialog box showing) and DIALOG MODE when there is one, which I accessed via the FSX menu.

I'm on very latest Windows 10 Professional. All updates applied, including creators update.

[media] VPilot-Capture-1.jpg [/media]

[media] VPilot-Capture-2.jpg [.

To rule out VPilot for good, suggest you try MCE out with one of the other 39 supported aircraft. PMDG 737 NGX, T7, 747 QOTS, and without letting FslSpotlight loading either.