Sign in to follow this  
tman41291

Rex PTA question

I’m not super knowledgeable in software programming, but I am curious about something if y’all could help me understand. Why does REX TD have PTA presets or why would one even use Rex PTA presets...I just thought they would be able to accomplish the “look” when they design the program, or does PTA do something to it all that Rex td isn’t able to do? Rex td looks amazing in the screens, all the sky textures. Then I look at PTA presets they have and they also look amazing. Just curious if I should get PTA. I was on the fence whether to get envtex but it seems Rex offers more

Tyler Sexton

They serve different purposes.

For example REX provide you with ground and sky textures that look amazing but you find them too cartoonish and you want to drop down the saturation a little bit and adjust lighting. You do that with PTA.

• Upvote 1

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

1 hour ago, earthdog said:

They serve different purposes.

For example REX provide you with ground and sky textures that look amazing but you find them too cartoonish and you want to drop down the saturation a little bit and adjust lighting. You do that with PTA.

But wouldn’t Rex be able to accomplish such non cartoonish looks when designing the textures in their program? I understand PTA can change all that, but if Rex made their own presets why not just make the textures like that to begin with?

Tyler Sexton

Quite simply because PTA edits the shaders and not the textures. They are different things.

You can also get very nice presets for PTA for the envtex textures.

• Upvote 2