Sign in to follow this  
Syrphic

Awful looking clouds

REX Sky Force. Not released yet but it sounds no more than a few months away based on their comms.

REX are widely considered to be the best for clouds.

Hi Cameron, 

what exactly is the issue?  Have you tried adjusting the lighting settings in P3D v4? Make sure to apply a preset in ASCA, let the sim load then select one of the dynamic themes. 

How long have you been using ASP4 and ASCA?

\Robert Hamlich/

1 minute ago, HUSSAR said:

Hi Cameron, 

what exactly is the issue?  Have you tried adjusting the lighting settings in P3D v4? Make sure to apply a preset in ASCA, let the sim load then select one of the dynamic themes. 

How long have you been using ASP4 and ASCA?

Not long, did a total reinstall to v4.1 from v4 and the sim doesn't look how it used to. i have most visual addons to try make the games look as real as possible but looks like i'm having a fair few issues with that.

Have you set ASCA to "Full Dynamics"? Exactly, what is the problem? Clouds look fine to me.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, Syrphic said:

Using ASV4+ASCA And my clouds still look awful anything that I'm doing wrong or is there anything i can buy to make them better?

https://imgur.com/a/reAIk

(P3Dv4.1)

Cameron.B

They look ok to me, not sure what is your comparison base? did you see a picture of some other users so you are now expecting to see yours like that? in that case can you find those pics and posted here? also the source so we can have a look and perhaps discover what are the systems differences between what you are expecting and what you are actually seeing.

Best Regards,
Simbol

Make sure to set your P3D v4.1 Options - Weather as follows:

Visual Settings

Cloud draw distance:  90 ( will be adjusted by ASP4)

Cloud coverage density:  Maximum

Check:  Detailed clouds, volumetric fog.

Simulation Settings

Check "enable turbulence and thermal effects on vehicle"

And set:

Rate at which weather changes over time:  No change

The one thing that I would recommend as far as an addon goes is to try PTA.  It makes your sim really come to life with vibrancy and color.

https://simtweaks.com/

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

Addons, addons, and more addons. Just to get some nice looking clouds. 

Like Sanh said, I would wait to pay for Sky Force. If the product is anything like the previews from a year ago, it will be a nice step forward in the 2d sprite arena. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

As other's have said wait for Skyforce. It's release is very close now and if it gets anywhere near to living up to the hype then it's going to look amazing.

Meanwhile the likes of PTA offer numerous settings that can adjust the look of the clouds.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

2 hours ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

As other's have said wait for Skyforce.

Been waiting years for this thing....  :(

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

2 hours ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

As other's have said wait for Skyforce. It's release is very close now and if it gets anywhere near to living up to the hype then it's going to look amazing.

Except, no-one really knows what Skyforce is yet.  If it's a weather engine, it'll be a hard shift from AS

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Make sure to set your P3D v4.1 Options - Weather as follows:

Visual Settings

Cloud draw distance:  90 ( will be adjusted by ASP4)

Cloud coverage density:  Maximum

Check:  Detailed clouds, volumetric fog.

Simulation Settings

Check "enable turbulence and thermal effects on vehicle"

And set:

Rate at which weather changes over time:  No change

The one thing that I would recommend as far as an addon goes is to try PTA.  It makes your sim really come to life with vibrancy and color.

https://simtweaks.com/

Hello HUSSAR and everyone in this topic, thanks for the help i managed to get some kind of volume back by deleting the p3d cfg file. one last little problem though the trees in the sim look a little bright and not realistic here is a small album of insim screenshots and my settings. would getting ORBX Trees/Terra Flora help with this issue?

https://imgur.com/a/WqVdP

pta preset (pta2-preset-thopat-2_2)

I7-7700K

GTX1060 6gb

16gb DDR4 1300Mhz

P3D running on SSD

5 minutes ago, fls66 said:

Untick Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation in Options-World.

Francois

You're obviously some type of Wizard thanks:D Would ORBX/Terra Flora Be worth it?