Sign in to follow this  
socom15

FSX Min Dispaly required

Hey Guys and Gals, want to see if you can help me with an issue I am having with FSX.

Out the blue, on start up, I keep getting the FSX requires min display error. I have taken to the internet and tried the following suggestions; update my video driver, edit the FSX.CFG file to reflect my current graphics card display output settings, and even deleted my FSX.CFG file and let the game rebuild it. The only one that works is deleting the CFG. Problem solved, right? The issue is that it keeps coming back. It seems that something in the CFG may be corrupting the file after its first "use", thus starting the cycle all over again. I am completely at a loss right now. 

Currently running Windows 7, Intel I5-2400 @3.10GHZ and 16 GB ram. The Graphics card is a NVIDA GeForce GTX960.

Do you also have the CPU graphics driver enabled?  Windows OS and/or the BIOS for your MB likes that better than a standalone graphics card (at least that has been my experience).  If you change anything in your BIOS, they will usually enable your CPU graphics so Windows will make sure it is enabled too.  In Windows 7, right click the Computer Icon on your desktop, select Properties and then click on Device Manager (or go to your search box, type Device Manager, look up in the Menu and click On Device Manager).  Make sure just your GTX960 is enabled.  Disable any others.  If another one is enabled, go into your BIOS and disable the internal graphics.  Other than that, this is the first time I have seen an issue like yours.  BTW, the favorite solution on the Internet when graphics is involved is "reinstall your graphics card driver".  Keeps you busy and maybe, just maybe, that will fix the problem but in most cases it does not. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Problem solved. Did what you said and I also installed a later revision of the Driver for the card. starts working without an issue. Thanks for your help!

Good to hear. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

OK, looks like I jumped the gun, it did not fix it. I am leaning toward the my Graphics card possibly about to die. been having grapics issues off and on for over a year with this. Im also thinking about shot gunning the problem and reinstalling FSX. Will keep you guys up to date.