Sign in to follow this  
arbioty

NavData Question

Hi Guys,

Amateur alert!

Does the RXP also use the standard nav data in FSX:SE? For example, I update Navaids and Intersections using the fine, free services of http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html.

The default FSX GPS reads the updates, would RXP GTN750 read them too? I'm a stickler for updated navdata and I don't have thousands to buy updated Garmin databases.

Thankyou!

Hi,

You'll find a number of threads in the forum with various options and point of views which might give more insights to your particular needs. In general, our products are based on the Garmin trainer which ships with its own database. The latest GTN has quite a recent DB for example.

The neat advantage is that the simulation not only offers the same level of accuracy and symbology the real units present, which is nearly paramount for training, but like you've pointed out, they can be updated with actual real db subscriptions.

Obviously, such service comes with a premium, which is expected given the nature of the requirements.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thankyou for the prompt reply. It's a shame these great products don't give you an option as to what DB is used.

6 minutes ago, arbioty said:

It's a shame these great products don't give you an option as to what DB is used.

What is important to understand is that the products you refer to are not in total control of the databases in use by those products. There is a community of flight simulation add-on providers and flight simulation enthusiasts/members on sites like this. Should you wish to do some research here you will likely find there are tradeoffs related to DB's.  Make the effort to understand those; apply those tradeoffs to how you fly; and best understand the best choices available to you within this community.  Providers such as Reality XP have to make decisions relative to their overall customer base. Personally I applaud their decisions, understanding that the community of flight sim users find avenues to satisfy those with exceptional want or needs.

Make a good three-point landing here at Avsim and explore what all is available to you.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere