Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

PMDG Pushback weird behavior for the 777

Today I use the PMDG push back facility for the first time, and I am seeing strange behavior, a bug of some kind.  I was wondering whether anyone else is also seeing this or it's a known problem.  I was at the EGLL (UK2000) and set my push back distance to 88 Ft, upon selecting turn nose left from the default right at 50 degree, the push back distance changed to 206 FT and I can no longer change it.  Once I start the push back, sometime the plane would move forward rather than backward and I had to apply brakes.  One other time the push back keep going way past the selected distance and I cannot do anything to stop it.

Has anyone else seen this?  I am using the 777 in P3D v3.4.

Thanks in advance.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

That happens to me as well on all of their aircraft, it seems as if there is a minimum pushback distance and entering anything lower than that will have it  set to the minimum distance. I use GSX now for pushback so I don’t really encounter that anymore.

I would think that the minimum pushback distance would always be greater than the length of the aircraft.

Dugald Walker

14 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

I would think that the minimum pushback distance would always be greater than the length of the aircraft.

It seems that it is, indeed.

1 hour ago, dmwalker said:

I don't see how these two things are related but yeah it looks like that's the way pmdg set it up.

I always thought the pmdg pushback thing was "cute" at best. It didn't make it much different from. The terrible default pushback in the Sims.

Gsx is the way to go these days.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

For me, the only drawback of the PMDG pushback is that it can't turn more than 90 degrees.

Dugald Walker

You can‘t turn the aircraft on a dime using the default push back funktion (that is used by the pmdg cdu option). If you want to push back accurately you will want to use GSX...