Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Bombardier's demonstrator C-GLOZ

This is, as you might guess, Bombardier's 'Factory Fresh' demonstrator. I assume that because why else would you plaster 'BOMBARDIER' all over it?

Real one:

bombarreal.jpg

My shot at it:

bombar1.jpg

bombar2.jpg

bombar3.jpg

bombar4.jpg

Available on my MediaFire

or on AVSIM any time soon.

• Upvote 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Nice one,Ron, but I much prefer your n0n-factory repaints.I know of an operator------Jambojet----in Kenya who operate two of them. Now that would be a repaint I'd relish.

19 hours ago, vc10man said:

Nice one,Ron, but I much prefer your n0n-factory repaints.I know of an operator------Jambojet----in Kenya who operate two of them. Now that would be a repaint I'd relish.

But would you pay for it? :biggrin:

It's on the drawing board as we speak.

Nicely put though Rick. I have a reputation to uphold for only doing real planes and never, well hardly ever, do requests.

Thanks a bunch, Ron. Cannot stop flying your 'purple beauty' all over the place. And now that I have my full complement of Orbx airports back, I reckon I'll be busy flying out of Southampton.

Now.................if I could only nail that aircraft's VNAV feature.................but that's another story.

Look forward to your sterling efforts, Ron.:happy:

9 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Now.................if I could only nail that aircraft's VNAV feature.................but that's another story.

Couple of tips for you, if I may.

• VNAV on the Q400 is for descent only.
  • You need to access the VNAV page of the FMC, whilst in cruise, and choose a final approach waypoint, altitude (it will suggest one automatically), and target VS rate (it will suggest one automatically).
  • After executing the VNAV settings on that page, you are ready to arm VNAV but this can only be done when you are within 10 miles of the TOD.
  • You will know when you can arm VNAV as you will see the purple VNAV vector appear next to the altitude tape, on the PFD.
  • Hit VNAV button and "VNAV" will show as armed on the Flight Mode Annunciator of the PFD.  As ever..... don't forget to press ALT SEL too, or you'll bust your altitude!
  • When the aircraft starts descending, be ready to manage power manually.

There are quite a few steps and conditions but it's actually easier than the above lists suggest. Once you manage to get it working once, you'll have it working every time after that.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

24 minutes ago, JYW said:

VNAV on the Q400 is for descent only.

Thanks Bill. That I already knew of. I have owned this from FSX days.

But despite following your Step 2, and the rest of the steps you have so kindly listed, and seeing the circle on the magenta line that denotes TOD, and  activating VNAV, for whatever reason, it never kicks in and I have to go the V/S route. I must be doing something incorrect.

Back to the delivery Tutorial I guess.

7 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks Bill. That I already knew of. I have owned this from FSX days.

But despite following your Step 2, and the rest of the steps you have so kindly listed, and seeing the circle on the magenta line that denotes TOD, and  activating VNAV, for whatever reason, it never kicks in and I have to go the V/S route. I must be doing something incorrect.

Back to the delivery Tutorial I guess.

Hi Rick,

The aircraft won't arm into VNAV unless you're also seeing the magenta VNAV vector appear on the PFD, 10 miles before TOD. That will be the indication for you, as to whether it's been configured correctly.  The TOD indicator on the ND will show up regardless of VNAV configuration but the aircraft won't perform a coupled VNAV unless that quite large VNAV vector appears on the PFD, 10 miles before TOD. 

In the FMC's VNAV page, are you choosing a waypoint via the numerical list of waypoints?  After that, a highlighted field should appear next to each of the other parameters (altitude, target VS, etc) but you don't have to change these values - you just press enter.   

The last stage is pressing enter on the 'VS field' at the top of the VNAV page.   At this point, the VNAV options should activate, and you know this has happened as you'll get a "Cancel VNAV" option at the bottom left of the page.

Hope this helps a little further - hope you get it working.   It's pretty accurate and will get you down to final approach fix altitude very reliably.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Here's the first page of VNAV, where you choose your final approach fix.  (NB. In this pic, they have chosen the final airport ICAO but you wouldn't choose this in reality!   You'd choose the final fix before ILS or visual approach, at around 2500-3000'.

vnav110.jpg

...and this is what the page looks like when it's been set up correctly.  I've highlighted the 3 fields that you must have pressed 'enter' on, to confirm their values.

vnav210.jpg

....if your VNAV page looks like the above, VNAV can be armed - but only from 10nm before TOD, when the VNAV vector appears on the altitude tape of the PFD.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Hi Bill

As you clearly have mastered this particular aircraft, it's your expertise I will heed to.

Para 1: that explains why I ain't seeing that VNAV flash up.

Now, on the FMC I do not see the CL altitude populated, so on say the last flight I did EGCC-LEPA, I chose a waypoint just past the mainland Spanish coastline to descend from 25k to 15k and chose that waypoint against that flight level, got the V/S -1800 top right. But nothing re VNAV alert flashed up in the ND.

In fact, your little Guidance Notes here makes more sense to me than the Delivery Tutorial. Thanks for that Bill.

Too late tonight to even fire up P3D, so will give it a shot tomorrow.

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Couple of tips for you, if I may.

• VNAV on the Q400 is for descent only.
  • You need to access the VNAV page of the FMC, whilst in cruise, and choose a final approach waypoint, altitude (it will suggest one automatically), and target VS rate (it will suggest one automatically).
  • After executing the VNAV settings on that page, you are ready to arm VNAV but this can only be done when you are within 10 miles of the TOD.
  • You will know when you can arm VNAV as you will see the purple VNAV vector appear next to the altitude tape, on the PFD.
  • Hit VNAV button and "VNAV" will show as armed on the Flight Mode Annunciator of the PFD.  As ever..... don't forget to press ALT SEL too, or you'll bust your altitude!
  • When the aircraft starts descending, be ready to manage power manually.

There are quite a few steps and conditions but it's actually easier than the above lists suggest. Once you manage to get it working once, you'll have it working every time after that.

In real life VNAV is rarely used (by real pilots).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

In real life VNAV is rarely used (by real pilots).

Cheers, Ed

This is true.  My friend flies as Captain for a UK operator and confirms this. (Actually they never use it).  However, I know how frustrating it can be when something in an addon just doesn't seem to work, so wanted to help Rick see if he could get the VNAV nailed.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

14 hours ago, JYW said:

This is true. 

Bill,

Did he happen to share with you the procedure they used for descent in lieu of VNAV?  I mean, rate of descent, speed, etc.?

Thanks,
Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

On 31/10/2017 at 0:58 PM, airernie said:

Bill,

Did he happen to share with you the procedure they used for descent in lieu of VNAV?  I mean, rate of descent, speed, etc.?

Thanks,
Ernie

Manual descent planning for a likely expected TOD but ulitmately, in accordance with ATC.  Climb always with IAS and descent always VS; between 1000 and 2000 depending on how late ATC start them down  :)    Cheers.

Sorry @Ron Attwood   ...... blatent hijacking, I agree !!!!!  :biggrin:

Bill

UK LAPL-A

On 10/30/2017 at 1:27 AM, vc10man said:

Do you mean this one?

jambo1.jpg