Sign in to follow this  
kymh

Remember Which Monitor and Postion

Is there any way I can get Pilot2ATC to remember which monitor (and preferably position and size also) I want it to start on.

It's quite an annoyance having to move and position it from my 4K monitor(1) to my 2K monitor(2) every time I load it.

I can't find a setting for this or a registry setting.

If this is not possible, I'd beg for it to be added to the next update. :-)

That is already a feature.  When you shut down P2A normally, screen position and size is saved and used when you reopen.

This might not work in certain Windows screen configurations.  It should work when using the monitors in Extended Desktop mode.  It could have something to do with mixing 2K and 4K monitors also.

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave.

It definitely does not work on my system.

The size is being remembered but when I load, it is on the wrong monitor (1 instead of 2) as that is not remembered .
If I drag Pilot2ATC to the desired monitor (1) and later hit the down arrow on the bottom LHS of Pilot2ATC, then the alternative screen jumps across to monitor 1 and has to be dragged back to monitor 2

Where are the positions saved?
Are they saved in an .ini or .cfg file or in the registry somewhere where I can dig for answers?

I have a "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Pilot2ATC_200" folder which contains a sub folder of the same name "Pilot2ATC_200" and in that sub folder the following sub folders 2.2.2.1, 2.3.0.0,2 .3.0.1, 2.3.0.2, 2.3.1.0
All folders are empty so, nothing stored in any of these folders regardless of the permissions set or whether or not I run Pilot2ATC as administrator.

I have a "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200" folder which contains AppConfig.xml and Settings.xml which are updated on every use of the program and also ChatterTracker.xml and GrmrHelperData.xml but noe of these seem to contain screen positions.

The .mdf and .ldf files in H:\Progs\Pilot2ATC_2016\Data are also being updated on every use.

Any further help greatly appreciated.

Regards Kym

6 hours ago, kymh said:

It definitely does not work on my system.

The size is being remembered but when I load, it is on the wrong monitor (1 instead of 2) as that is not remembered .
If I drag Pilot2ATC to the desired monitor (1) and later hit the down arrow on the bottom LHS of Pilot2ATC, then the alternative screen jumps across to monitor 1 and has to be dragged back to monitor 2

Same experience. Further, when using the minimize down arrow it not only shifts back to my main screen but it's also just a small rectangle. Bit of pot luck where different windows open. Latest version 2.3.1.1 full install. Also It's a bit of a fiddle with the left and right screens getting it sized right. e.g. when dragging the centre column you lose parts of the RHS menu items and there is no scroll bar to let you know. When you drag that windows out to see all the items it then affects the view in the LHS window. Needs to be more set and forget I guess. Hope I've explained it OK.

Cheers,

howevr

The position and size of the Minimized screen and the full screen are saved separately.  The position is in terms of Screen Pixel position.  It does not have a concept of Screen A or Screen B.  So if your video card or adapter doesn't keep the pixel positions the same from one boot to another or something else causes a position like 2000x-600y to be interpreted as 800x-600y on Screen A, then it will always start on Screen A.  The program can only tell Windows where it wants to be.  Where it gets placed is up to the hardware and software on your system.

You must adjust the size and position of the 2 window modes separately and shutdown normally to have a chance of them being remembered correctly.

Adding scrollbars to some of the fixed windows is on the enhancements list.

Thanks,

Dave