Sign in to follow this  
MachTwo

Minimum Altitude

Hi Nico,

Really nice utility you've designed - it adds a whole new dimension of realism to the sim. 

I wondered if you might consider adding a minimum altitude flag, where the user can define a minimum altitude and have aircraft displayed only above this altitude. 

It would be handy when using PSXseeconTraffic with VATSIM or IVAO. Essentially leaving the departure/arrival airfields clear and only injecting traffic above a defined altitude.  

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

13 hours ago, MachTwo said:

I wondered if you might consider adding a minimum altitude flag, where the user can define a minimum altitude and have aircraft displayed only above this altitude. 

It would be handy when using PSXseeconTraffic with VATSIM or IVAO. Essentially leaving the departure/arrival airfields clear and only injecting traffic above a defined altitude.  

Hi MachTwo,

Personally I do not recommend to mix real live traffic with other AI traffic....  At my home airport (EHAM) live traffic at the ground is available and so I do not feel the need for it.

However, there are airports with a different transponder policy. Therefore - and because you were not the first that has asked for it- I have add a hidden parameter FLOOR_ALTITUDE with default value -1000  to version 8.11 (see the Manual section 5.16.1)

This parameter defines an altitude in feet. Below this altitude live aircraft will be suppressed. With the default value there will be no suppression but if you would specify:

FLOOR_ALTITUDE=4000

All live aircraft below 4000 feet will be suppressed, thus leaving airports and runways free of live traffic. 

Note that this does not block the parking of static aircraft at gates.

Have fun!

Nico

No it was removed in version 9.37, from the Release Notes:

April 19, 2018, 9.37

Removed the Floor functionality from the program in order to reduce complexity. “Back to core business”. Not many people were using this functionality anyway, I guess. One can always deselect Show GND TFC in RealTraffic if needed.

Hi Nico,

Any chance this FLOOR_ALTITUDE could be re-introduced? It was a great feature. 

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

2 hours ago, MachTwo said:

Hi Nico,

Any chance this FLOOR_ALTITUDE could be re-introduced? It was a great feature. 

Hi,

I'll put it back in 13.11 (as normal UI parameter, not hidden)

Nico.

• Like 1