Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Good compliment throttle quadrant to give 4 engine throttle + ch eclipse yoke?

I'm about to jump into 4 engine simulation more so (dash 8, pmdg, a320x etc on p3dv4.1).. at this point i just have a ch eclipse yoke on my desk using the under desk mount.. I dont have a ton of room to the right of the yoke, but enough i might just barely be able to fit something like this:

Ch Quadrant (6 lever)

or better yet,

maybe something like this Logitech

Either way.. if it has less than 4 throttle axes, i guess i'd want the 4 combined with the yoke to somehow lineup.. i dont know that the logitech saitek one would line up with the ch yoke that well, meaning i'd probably need to go with the first option for an all in one shot.

The other thing is that i read about detents.. I'm assuming if it has those its more realistic..
Any alternative suggestions that dont cost an arm or leg or thoughts on these + the eclipse?

None of these seem to have linkable throttles though.

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

10 minutes ago, theskyisthelimit said:

I'm about to jump into 4 engine simulation more so (dash 8, pmdg, a320x etc on p3dv4.1).. at this point i just have a ch eclipse yoke on my desk using the under desk mount.. I dont have a ton of room to the right of the yoke, but enough i might just barely be able to fit something like this:

Ch Quadrant (6 lever)

or better yet,

maybe something like this Logitech

Either way.. if it has less than 4 throttle axes, i guess i'd want the 4 combined with the yoke to somehow lineup.. i dont know that the logitech saitek one would line up with the ch yoke that well, meaning i'd probably need to go with the first option for an all in one shot.

The other thing is that i read about detents.. I'm assuming if it has those its more realistic..
Any alternative suggestions that dont cost an arm or leg or thoughts on these + the eclipse?

None of these seem to have linkable throttles though.

Thanks in advance

I have the Logitech unit, got one of the first after Logitech too over the manufacturing. It works flawlessly. It comes with extra knobs so you can color code it to the function you are using, and it also has a long knob that fits over all three controllers, to gang them together. I just looked at this long knob, and if you got two of these units and mounted them right next to each other, the total room would be about 7" wide. The two ganged knobs would be very easy to fasten together with tape or Velcro, which would give you 6 levers to play with plus you also have 6 button settings on each unit, three up and three down toggles.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have the Logitech unit, got one of the first after Logitech too over the manufacturing. It works flawlessly. It comes with extra knobs so you can color code it to the function you are using, and it also has a long knob that fits over all three controllers, to gang them together. I just looked at this long knob, and if you got two of these units and mounted them right next to each other, the total room would be about 7" wide. The two ganged knobs would be very easy to fasten together with tape or Velcro, which would give you 6 levers to play with plus you also have 6 button settings on each unit, three up and three down toggles.  

Wow ok, this sounds perfect then.. minimally one unit but likely i'd grab two of them.. roughly $120 combined.. thanks for the detailed info.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I use the Logitech G Saitek PRO Flight Throttle.  I have two of them also and for a four engine aircraft I assign the left engines to one throttle and the right engines to the other throttle.  As was pointed out, you can swap the knobs around for two throttles together, props and mixture too.  For a two engine aircraft, you are all set as is.  For a Learjet I use the throttles and assign other levers for speed brake, flaps, etc.  Each quadrant has three two position rocker switches and a switch on each lever that is activated when moved past the full down detent.  Pretty versatile over all.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

9 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

I use the Logitech G Saitek PRO Flight Throttle.  I have two of them also and for a four engine aircraft I assign the left engines to one throttle and the right engines to the other throttle.  As was pointed out, you can swap the knobs around for two throttles together, props and mixture too.  For a two engine aircraft, you are all set as is.  For a Learjet I use the throttles and assign other levers for speed brake, flaps, etc.  Each quadrant has three two position rocker switches and a switch on each lever that is activated when moved past the full down detent.  Pretty versatile over all.

Bill

Question related to the detents, though i'm unfamiliar with how that should work.. i read that you need fsuipc to do things like reverse thrusters + detents.. does this require the paid version.. i havent upgraded since they went to v5, so guessing probably does.

I have always used the paid version of fsuipc, so I'm not familiar with the limits of the free version.  I disable the joysticks in P3D and do all assignments and calibration in fsuipc. An example for the detent switches is how I use one in the Lear for the spoiler.  The spoiler is either on or off, so on one lever I assign the dent switch to extend the spoiler when the lever is pulled down and retract the spoiler when the lever is lifted back up.  You can assign the switches to fuel cutoff and things like that.  In some aircraft I have used them for reverse thrust.  Some aircraft will go into reverse thrust when the throttle is pulled full down if they are calibrated that way.  I use the rocker switches mostly for views of the various panels in the cockpit and outside views, which I assign in Chase Plane.  I'm using the CH Flight Sim Yoke by the way.  I don't use the throttle, prop and mixture levers on the yoke because of the location behind the control wheel. I do use the various switches on the yoke for moving the view in and out and left and right, one for returning the view to the pilot's view, the hat for panning the view and one button for the PTT switch.  When I need to get a closer view of say the FMS/GPS, overhead panel or console, etc.  I go to the rocker switches.  I try to setup a similar layout for each aircraft then the confusion factor is much less.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

I have the CH Throttle quadrant ( actually several for different systems). I found it much sturdier and more versatile than the Logitech TQ. I use it for single, twin, triple and quad engines with no issues at all. I also program it completely through FSUIPC so whatever a/c I choose, the TQ is programmed accordingly. As an accessory, you can get knobs that span two throttle levers so handling a quad is easy.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, bills511 said:

I'm waiting for this. Due for 1st quarter 2018 release.

http://flyhoneycomb.com/bravo-throttle-quadrant-2/

This one looks interesting too. They mention programmable switches and autopilot, so I assume maybe a tad more functionality than the Logitech bit at what price i wonder. It also appears longer however 

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

I have the CH Throttle quadrant ( actually several for different systems). I found it much sturdier and more versatile than the Logitech TQ. I use it for single, twin, triple and quad engines with no issues at all. I also program it completely through FSUIPC so whatever a/c I choose, the TQ is programmed accordingly. As an accessory, you can get knobs that span two throttle levers so handling a quad is easy.

Vic

Plus 1.  The CH is around $90 or less new, has six handles with different color knobs, and 12 separate switches.  Four engine configuration is commonly four separate throttles with black knobs and one each for the prop (blue knob) and mixture (red knob). The CH also has detents for thrust reversers, etc and there is a tutorial showing how to set them up for reverse thrust using fsuipc. I had one for nine years of almost daily simming and is worked fine when I sold it a while ago.  Can't recommend them enough--great tool for the money.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Odd. Curious why my CH Throttle detent wore out in about 2yrs. Just flop around at the detent position. It's why I went with the satek throttles, though not thrilled with them either. Can't afford Go Flights.

55 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Odd. Curious why my CH Throttle detent wore out in about 2yrs. Just flop around at the detent position. It's why I went with the satek throttles, though not thrilled with them either. Can't afford Go Flights.

All the detents? Guess I was lucky ☺

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

12 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

All the detents? Guess I was lucky ☺

Me too. I have three TQ's and no detent problems at all.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors