Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Good compliment throttle quadrant to give 4 engine throttle + ch eclipse yoke?

CH TQ here that's cracking on a bit. About five years old and throttle one detent is getting a bit 'soft'.  Understandable I guess. I'd buy another one should I need to.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hello all,

I am another waiting for the honeycomb product.

Reasons.

Cost....projected at the moment, USD200. includes trim wheel, setup (including levers) for single, dual and quad throttles with flaps and spoiler levers, It looks like it also has a Gear up/down lever on the side. Also included (something I do not need but I am sure others will appreciate) is an annunciator panel and 7 switches. This is all information from their website and is due for release first quarter 2018. Incidently the yoke is the same price so we would be looking at USD400 for the complete set up.

Comparison with Saitek/Logitech.

Cost ... Approximately USD60 here for each quadrant, the trim wheel ... Same again. USD60, 3 switches on each quadrant none on trim wheel No extra landing gear lever and no annunciators.

Total cost (depending on where you purchase) approximately USD180.

From appearances, the three saitek controllers combined and one honeycomb items are looking to be about the same dimensions. The big advantage of Saitek/Logitech is that they are available right now and we will have to wait for the Honeycomb item.

I have never researched CH Products although I have not really read any really bad adverse comments. As such, I cannot attest to quality nor can I comment on price for the modern product . Many many years ago I did own an analog CH Yoke and Pedals (no Quadrant) There were solid and reliable for approximately 5 years.

That is it ... A very personal viewpoint and I cannot wait for the Honeycomb Quadrant Unless it blows up in the meantime, I am going to stick with my Saitek yoke, extra quadrant, trimwheel and rudder pedals. A good combination although with age I find my quadrants get a little erratic.

Incidently, and slightly off topic, I found that a squirt of WD40 into the lever slots settled down very erratic throttles and all levers. I believe that dust was my problem and this sorted it out (FOR ME) I do not know if this is a recommended practice or if it does any damage in the long term but it has been in excess of twelve months since the last "squirt" This is NOT a recomendation and is a casual observation only. PLEASE be cautious.

Hope some of this has been helpful.

Regards

Tony

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

45 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello all,

I am another waiting for the honeycomb product.

Reasons.

Cost....projected at the moment, USD200. includes trim wheel, setup (including levers) for single, dual and quad throttles with flaps and spoiler levers, It looks like it also has a Gear up/down lever on the side. Also included (something I do not need but I am sure others will appreciate) is an annunciator panel and 7 switches. This is all information from their website and is due for release first quarter 2018. Incidently the yoke is the same price so we would be looking at USD400 for the complete set up.

Comparison with Saitek/Logitech.

Cost ... Approximately USD60 here for each quadrant, the trim wheel ... Same again. USD60, 3 switches on each quadrant none on trim wheel No extra landing gear lever and no annunciators.

Total cost (depending on where you purchase) approximately USD180.

From appearances, the three saitek controllers combined and one honeycomb items are looking to be about the same dimensions. The big advantage of Saitek/Logitech is that they are available right now and we will have to wait for the Honeycomb item.

I have never researched CH Products although I have not really read any really bad adverse comments. As such, I cannot attest to quality nor can I comment on price for the modern product . Many many years ago I did own an analog CH Yoke and Pedals (no Quadrant) There were solid and reliable for approximately 5 years.

That is it ... A very personal viewpoint and I cannot wait for the Honeycomb Quadrant Unless it blows up in the meantime, I am going to stick with my Saitek yoke, extra quadrant, trimwheel and rudder pedals. A good combination although with age I find my quadrants get a little erratic.

Incidently, and slightly off topic, I found that a squirt of WD40 into the lever slots settled down very erratic throttles and all levers. I believe that dust was my problem and this sorted it out (FOR ME) I do not know if this is a recommended practice or if it does any damage in the long term but it has been in excess of twelve months since the last "squirt" This is NOT a recomendation and is a casual observation only. PLEASE be cautious.

Hope some of this has been helpful.

Regards

Tony

Tony

Forgive me since I'm new to quadrants. Which part is the annunciator and what does it allow you to do. I take it there are no official spoilers on the Logitech aside from programming a switch or is that not true. Need a nice side by side features chart:) or at least the bonuses of honey comb.  The Logitech are 59 on Amazon now 

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Hello mate,

OK.  An annunciator panel is a series of warning lights which automatically light up (usually red) if you have a major problem or orange if it is a minor one.  Most aircraft have inbuilt annunciator panels anyway, but as I run a full VC cockpit (IFly737 and 747) all the warnings come up on either the upper du or on the main panel. As I said, I see the annunciator panel as superfluous but others may find it handy. It does not allow you to do anything and is a warning panel only.

To answer your last query, I will explain my set up.

My yoke quadrant is first lever ... "Spoiler" Configured in Taskbar/Options/Controls/Assignments/Axis. Click on the controller/dev ice you wish to assign "Spoilers" to and then scroll down (near the bottom) to Spoilers. Click on Change assignment and then move the lever you wish to assign. This process will be the same for all the levers you wish to assign.

With the buttons, again follow the process above till you get to assignments then click on buttons and keys. Make sure you are actually assigning these functions to the correct controller or device.

My levers are set up as follows

Yoke quadrant:

lever 1 Spoiler

lever 2 Throttle 1

lever 3 Throttle 2

Extra quadrant:

lever 1 Throttle 3

lever 2 Throttle 4

lever 3 Flaps

If I am flying the 737 (two throttles,) I simply reassign lever 3 (yoke quadrant) to throttle 1 and lever 1 (extra quadrant) to throttle 2. I then remove my throttle grips (hand made) for levers 2 and 5 respectively and unassign them using the procedure outlined above. This takes about 30 seconds.

Buttons:

For my set up, I have the yoke quadrant (PS32 connection direct to the yoke)

button 1 assigned to Gear up/down (manual extension)

button 2 parking brake

button 3 pushback

Please bear in mind that these buttons are very rarely used as I click on everything direct with a mouse. 

If you have any further queries please let me know.  Whilst I have been moderately long winded, I hope it is all fairly clear to you. However, as you appear to have been around for longer than I have, given you post history, I am probably teaching you to suck eggs.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

3 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello mate,

OK.  An annunciator panel is a series of warning lights which automatically light up (usually red) if you have a major problem or orange if it is a minor one.  Most aircraft have inbuilt annunciator panels anyway, but as I run a full VC cockpit (IFly737 and 747) all the warnings come up on either the upper du or on the main panel. As I said, I see the annunciator panel as superfluous but others may find it handy. It does not allow you to do anything and is a warning panel only.

To answer your last query, I will explain my set up.

My yoke quadrant is first lever ... "Spoiler" Configured in Taskbar/Options/Controls/Assignments/Axis. Click on the controller/dev ice you wish to assign "Spoilers" to and then scroll down (near the bottom) to Spoilers. Click on Change assignment and then move the lever you wish to assign. This process will be the same for all the levers you wish to assign.

With the buttons, again follow the process above till you get to assignments then click on buttons and keys. Make sure you are actually assigning these functions to the correct controller or device.

My levers are set up as follows

Yoke quadrant:

lever 1 Spoiler

lever 2 Throttle 1

lever 3 Throttle 2

Extra quadrant:

lever 1 Throttle 3

lever 2 Throttle 4

lever 3 Flaps

If I am flying the 737 (two throttles,) I simply reassign lever 3 (yoke quadrant) to throttle 1 and lever 1 (extra quadrant) to throttle 2. I then remove my throttle grips (hand made) for levers 2 and 5 respectively and unassign them using the procedure outlined above. This takes about 30 seconds.

Buttons:

For my set up, I have the yoke quadrant (PS32 connection direct to the yoke)

button 1 assigned to Gear up/down (manual extension)

button 2 parking brake

button 3 pushback

Please bear in mind that these buttons are very rarely used as I click on everything direct with a mouse. 

If you have any further queries please let me know.  Whilst I have been moderately long winded, I hope it is all fairly clear to you. However, as you appear to have been around for longer than I have, given you post history, I am probably teaching you to suck eggs.

Regards

Tony

No problem at all:)  this territory is new to me. I'm a virtual goggle flyer so now I see what is meant by the anunciators. For me less critical. However your layout is very good advice and info. Still Leaning towards trying the Logitechs, your layout makes sense. Having those switches will indeed reduce clicks even blind in VR:)  I'll also dig up some videos too. 

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

My logitechs came in today.. issue i have is that i cant use the clamps to clamp em to the desk because i moved my keyboard to a pull out tray below the yoke and the quadrants.. so i guess ill have to find some other way to tether them to the desktop, maybe velcro or some other means, or leave the black brackets on the back and screw screws down through that part (less ideal), though this desk is beat as it is, wouldnt matter much lol