Sign in to follow this  
Jellybaby

New Update

From which version? :s

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just checked the web site. Nothing on the news or download page. 

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

7.41 is the latest AFAIK

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

does version 7.41 run stable, give correct wind information on the arrival atis and respect airline parking codes when assigning a gate? I didn't achieve this in former versions of vox7 which I is the main reason for me why I still use version 6.52 which I consider the most stable and bug-free version. Thanks for your help.

draci

ATIS winds are hardly ever right and parking codes is a free for all. It runs fairly stable but definitely needs some work done on it to improve some functions. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

Parking codes are determined by the airport bgl file. Commonly, stock airports are completely out of date but even gate assignments at 3rd party airports may not be up to date. Further, many flight sim airports ignore cargo carriers so there are never enough cargo parking spots to service big jets like 747s. Thus, they end up at passenger gates. The only way to check this is with ADE.

What's the issue with VOXATC ATIS winds? Mine match up against the 122.0 ATIS info  provided by ASN. Maybe there's a bug that you've uncovered.

I only fly to payware airports and they have the latest AFCAD available. Example, my FSDT KLAX has all airlines at all gates. United is almost never parked at the right terminal (T7) and there is usually four or five different airlines at Terminal 4, where AA is suppose to be. 

As for the ATIS, it seems to almost always use the departure weather as the destination weather on ATIS, however, when being vectored in, they will give me a different runway assignment (usually the opposite of what is being broadcast). 

One other thing that bothers is me is the runway assignments for departures. It seems the software doesn't take into account multiple runways for departures. It sucks being on the north side of LAX and having to taxi to the south side. The only way to get around this is to ask for 24L instead of 25R. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

I suppose I should ask. What AI traffic package are you using? And what traffic level is set in VOXATC?

I use custom AI I have built over the years, continuing to update as flightplans drop from AIG. I put my traffic level at 60% on VOX.

I have run into some anomalies at certain payware airports. Whenever planes line up on certain runways, they turn either 90 or 180 degrees and then take off. I have default AFCADs from the payware install, and everything works just fine whenever I don't use VOX. I've yet to see any solutions for it also. 

That's what I use also (AIG flight plans and freeware models).

60% traffic levels in VOXATC are extremely high and will "flood" most stock airports. The stock airports are not designed to handle that many aircraft and it will lead to the symptoms that you describe. Try reducing the traffic level to 30 to 40%.

What I have done in addition is to methodically edit my favorite stock airports with ADE, to correct the gate airline codes and provide more gates. It's tedious but no more tedious than using AIG flight plans.

I fly almost exclusively to payware airports though (FSDT, FlightBeam, FlyTampa,) and they already come with correct AFCADs so I shouldn't have to fix it. Whenver I don't run VOX and just run in game AI traffic, everything works just fine. Airlines at correct terminals, multiple runway use, correct taxi so I know it is the software, just don't understand why it doesn't read the AFCADs when placing traffic. I run the indexer after every change I make so I am at a loss honestly. I make do with it because it is great software and brings a sense of reality to desk flying. 

3 hours ago, b757 said:

I fly almost exclusively to payware airports though (FSDT, FlightBeam, FlyTampa,) and they already come with correct AFCADs so I shouldn't have to fix it. Whenver I don't run VOX and just run in game AI traffic, everything works just fine. Airlines at correct terminals, multiple runway use, correct taxi so I know it is the software, just don't understand why it doesn't read the AFCADs when placing traffic. I run the indexer after every change I make so I am at a loss honestly. I make do with it because it is great software and brings a sense of reality to desk flying. 

Let's see if we can figure out what's happening because VOXATC does place the airlines at their correct gates for me. You have Flightbeam KIAD which I also have and it works correctly for me.  I also have a bunch of FB, FDST and FT airports, so we should be able to figure out what's going on. First turn down the VOXATC AI level to 30% and start up a flight at KIAD. I assume that your sim traffic settings are both set at 0%. The reason that I ask is that some people run %GA in the sim at some non-zero percentage because they don't think that VOXATC provides enough GA traffic. I'd also suggest that you download Little NavMap, as it will show you what AI aircraft are parked at each gate and what each gate's airline codes are. It will also show you what scenery  ADE files are installed for a given airport.

I will give this a try and will report back. I will try to get some screens to show the issues if I see them.