Sign in to follow this  
Jellybaby

New Update

One interesting "aside" regarding many of the AIG flight schedules... all the individual  flight plans within an AIG AI traffic BGL are set by default at a 1% activity level. In P3d, setting the commercial AI activity level slider to any nonzero value from 1 to 100% has the exact same effect.

However, VOXATC doesn't exactly work the same way as P3d since it interprets the AIG files in some mysterious manner, at least with regard to activity levels. That must be why the developer recommends using 30 to 40% activity level in the VOXATC settings.

Does that program edit the AFCADs in any way? I adjusted traffic density to 30 and had that program running and it seemed to at least fix some of the issue. I’m still seeing international airlines like ANA and Etihad at several terminals at IAD but airlines like AA, VX, UA seemed to be parked at the right terminals. I also checked DFW and it seemed to get the airlines correct also. I went to LAX and that was where it seemed to still be having problems. ASA is still parking at the international terminal along with the AA and UA terminals. I’m gonna do more testing, but at least it seems to be heading in the right direction. Now I just need to figure out how to get VOX to incorporate multi runway ops for T/O and landing. Thanks for helping with that. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

Nope. VOXATC doesn't either modify existing or add its own ADE files. Its Indexer parses what's in your scenery library and transfers the information verbatim to the VOXATC database. If there are conflicts either within an airport or among multiple versions of a third party airport, the Indexer gets totally confused. Every time a change is made to the scenery library, the Indexer must be rerun. Some of the time, I forget to do this and then I experience one of those flight sim "very descriptive initials" moments. That's why I use Little NavMap to check what's going on at a specific airport.

1 hour ago, b757 said:

Now I just need to figure out how to get VOX to incorporate multi runway ops for T/O and landing. Thanks for helping with that. 

I assume that AI aircraft at the airports in question do utilize multi-runway ops when using the P3d default ATC. Else, one has to use ADE to make that work at all:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ade-crosswind-runways.433215/

As you know, the default ATC's ATIS annoyingly announces the use of all the "fake" runways and that's the clue that the "crosswind runway" modification has been made to the ADE file.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen the AI use multiple parallel runways both for landing when using VOXATC. I do recall the AI simultaneously using one parallel runway for takeoff and another for landing. 

• Upvote 1

I meant the Little Nav programs in regards to editing the AFCAD, but I assum it doesn’t. 

There have been several instances where I have been on approach and been assigned a different runway because there was another aircraft approach around the same time. I have shot parallel approaches at SFO and IAD, but it is pretty rare, which was why I increased the traffic percent to see if I could get it more often. One place I have yet to figure out what is going on is LAX. I can’t get planes to take off on 24R if they are on the north side. Almost always, they taxi to 25L. Only way I take off a different runways is if I ask the controller. And for DFW, they always taxi out to 35R or 17L so taxi times are like 10 min or more. I figure the only way to change that is to edit the AFCAD, but I don’t know how to do all that. I will just make do with the current setup and hope that future updates fix these minor problems. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

Little NavMap is donationware for creating flight plans in P3d and XP11. It doesn't modify anything in the scenery library.  It also can do real time tracking of your flight. In addition, it can show all the details about an airport. Airport Design Editor (ADE) is freeware and is used to modify ADE files (also referred to as AFCAD files)  that form the basis of P3d airports. ADE has a somewhat steep learning curve, but once one gets the hang of it, it is pretty easy to make changes to an ADE file.