Sign in to follow this  
wozee

Losing My F/O during Flight

( I finally sorted my install problems by manually copying the x64 .dlls across to the P3DV4 folder. )

All is running ok except I am losing my F/O and all replies during the flight. Often seems to happen

during cruise or the descent phase. Does anyone else get this problem. ?

Thanks for generally good support.

4 hours ago, wozee said:

I think the program stops working but why and how do you fix it  ??

Please read this thread

if your MCE version is lower than V2.7.3.4, make sure you install latest version

9 hours ago, wozee said:

2.7.35 installed and still stops working during flights

I assume you're aware of the following...

When you hold PTT switch down, MCE disables all speech commands for interacting with Fo and enables those for ATC.

When you release it, the opposite happens.

It's not impossible that after a few hundred presses of a joystick (that might have a shaky button itself), may cause MCE to get stuck in ATC MODE (where all commands for cockpit operation are suspended).

In that case, hold the PTT switch down for a couple of seconds then release it.

If still no contact with FO, hold DEL key down and release it.

If using Vatsim, do the same with <END> key or whatever key you assigned for transmission to Vatsim network.

Will have to wait on other registered users input, as the latest, although will never be perfect, is definitely more robust than some releases between 2.7.20 and 2.7.3.0 in that specific area.

15 hours ago, wozee said:

2.7.35 installed and still stops working during flights

I have recently flown tens of  short haul flights and a three + hour Aussie flight in the CRJ, testing the heck out if both the aircraft (flawless) and MCE (flawless). Using RC4 ATC and every command and flow I could think of!

In a prior version of MCE, during flights in the Mjc dash and the NGX, I had the program hearing my voice (red text displayed on screen) but no response from first officer? I traced this to a repeatable condition, that re occurred whenever I repeated a command several times in quick succession. As if the FO had not heard me and I was repeating myself! I had, perhaps, three occasions, over twelve flights when I saw this. Each time after I abused the first officers ears!:ohmy:

So, my question is, do you see your commands printed across the screen when you issue a command? Also, are you repeating the command or issuing many commands, one after the other, in quick succession?

If you can repeat the issue, then it may be a swattable bug. If not, it's like most things on these flight sim PC's, could be something else, interfering with the program.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, charlie130 said:

I have recently flown tens of  short haul flights and a three + hour Aussie flight in the CRJ, testing the heck out if both the aircraft (flawless) and MCE (flawless). Using RC4 ATC and every command and flow I could think of!

Hello David, 

Will you be uploading your flows for the CRJ to the avsim library? Makes it so much easier for us lazy types!:biggrin:

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

37 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Hello David, 

Will you be uploading your flows for the CRJ to the avsim library? Makes it so much easier for us lazy types!:biggrin:

Hello Jose. I have just finished refining a full set of flows that adhere to the master piece of work the MCE guys have done with the CRJ. I wanted to get all the verbal commands in that work spot on. Without any miss spelled commands. I will upload the usual package to Avsim. That will also include all my sound files as well. Of course you don't need to use these, but if you want my flight attendent announcements to play as well, then they are there.

Don't forget you don't need these flows to fly the CRJ, but if you like them, then thank you, that's very kind of you!:cool:

Best regards.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

I will upload the usual package to Avsim. That will also include all my sound files as well

Great, yes I do enjoy using them!

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Hello David,

just read you post that you will upload a full set of flows for the CRJ, just checked the AVSIM libary and haven't found it. Is there anything I missed in you post?

best regards

Heinz

9 hours ago, wezhei said:

Hello David,

just read you post that you will upload a full set of flows for the CRJ, just checked the AVSIM libary and haven't found it. Is there anything I missed in you post?

best regards

Heinz

Well, as you know I am amongst the bunch of intrepid beta testers for this amazing simulation. I wanted to wait until the ship was  finished! In expectation that the release version is iminnent, I will upload them. Just allow a few hours for the Avsim mods to check them and they should be up.

I wanted all the flows to function perfectly and happy to say they now do.

I have never flown such a well simulated aircraft. There is a great deal beneath the skin of this CRJ. Even the engines reflect a power loss when you engage the engine anti icing systems, oh and yes, the first officer can activate those as well!  My hats off to Hans, to Aerosoft and now we have an amazing implementation of a first officer.  Bravo MCE!:cool:

Regards.

• Upvote 1

David,

thx for the your quick repley, wasn't aware that you are a beta tester and I definetly don't wonna bring you in a rush with my post. I'm just a simple simmer who  happy to participate on works that guys as you are toing for the community.

regards

Heinz