Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Mindstar Trying to find original purchase

Ed et al,

In approximately 2011 or 2012, I purchased the G1000. It was to be used for the FeelThere Phenom 1000. I never managed to install it properly, or use it and through many installs and re installs I have lost it.

Can anyone tell me if that purchase is traceable through a name or/and an email address?

As I am concentrating more and more on FS2004,(due to using 6 monitors) I am keen again to try installing into a Baron , the Phenom and a variety of other aircraft.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

You would have to contact support for any information regarding your purchase.  I'm pretty certain they can assist you.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed,

Thanks mate. Very much appreciated

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Ed,

Very sorry to bother you again but I cannot find where I can ask the question at Mindstar support. I tried the Contact Us page, clicked on the email address and was advised that there was no associated email address. 

I have found that a name, email address and invoice details are required for registration/activation and I have no idea of what my invoice number is. 

Is it possible to provide a link to where I can ask for it please.

Thanks, with abject apologies.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Tony,

I saw your email while trying to remedy a similar situation.  I had purchased a copy of Mindstar G1000 program in December 2006 and after playing with it for a few times, largely forgot that I owned it.  After flying a G1000 equipped C172 over the weekend, I remember I had the MS G1000 and decided to reinstall it.   By searching my past emails from Gmail, I found the original invoice # and the email Mindstar sent me with serial # and license key when I registered it. However when I tried to running the original install file from 2006, Windows 10 reported and error.   So next I tried installing an updated version of the program downloaded from their web site with my original serial and license numbers, but I received a registration error.  Apparently, Mindstar has changed their registration system some time since 2006!

I sent a email to support@mindstaraviation.com Monday evening providing the key information from the those emails and received a reply with an new invoice number for registering the program on Tuesday morning.  Pretty outstanding customer support!  I installed the program and have it running.  Hard to believe that a piece of software bought ten years ago is still supported and working today!

Have you tried searching your back email for the purchase receipt with invoice number or  registration confirmation with your serial number and license key that Mindstar sent you?   Thank heavens I have used Gmail as my main email since the early 2000.  

If not, you might try emailing Mindstar Aviation support, giving them you name and  email address that you used when you purchase it.  Good luck.

Alan

Alan,

Thank you so very much for that information.

I did actually check past emails, however, I am pretty sure that I purchased it in 20121 or 2012 and my recordsa only go back to 2015. So that is not much help.  I did however just now, fire off an email to that support email address after getting your response. Understandably there has not yhet been a response. I will however get back to you  and Ed with any response I do get.  Hopefully it will be positive.

Thanks again

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

If you purchased it in 20121 (wink) then I'm certain it will take many, many years for a reply.

Seriously though, you should get a response within 48 hours at most.  Depends on how busy our support staff are.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed,

20121 is only a cuppla minutes away mate ... I will probably still be flying my IFLY 737 on FS2004 then and thinking seriously about reviving my Commodore 64. What are your plans? LOL

I received a positive email just this morning from JJ. I now have an invoice number and will be downloading it sometime this morning.  

A truly excellent and speedy response from the support arena and one which sets a very high standard for others to follow.

I want to thank you and Alan for your replies which were helpful and fruitful.

Cheers guys

Tony Chilcott 

Tony Chilcott.