Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

PC12 V2 Bert+Autogyro mods combined - beta

I have tried to combine Autogyro's panel mods and mine... if you are interested to try,

request via PM to me..

Bert

As with all things Bert, this is fantastic. A couple of questions/comments/feedback for you and to have with other testers, per our email discussion

1.) It is not possible to have the YD enabled without AP enabled. While it's possible to have AP enabled with YD. At one point one of your ASandYD files (mine is dated 03/14/17) supported that functionality. If I recall, it was version 3 of your panel mods from the v1 version of the mod pack. It's the one I use and continue to use, I find that on especially windy crosswind approaches I'll leave the YD enabled down to about 500 AGL (AP is typically disconnected at about 2500 AGL). This mirrors what two different California operators of the PC-12 do in real life (Surf Air & Boutique Air). Again, personal preference.

2.) I use IAS mode to climb (150 to FL200, 140 to FL220, 130 to FL240). Whatever version I have, IAS mode turns off and it goes to ALT mode at TOC. This panel has IAS mode stay on, as well as ALT mode and the text characters overlap on the EADI display.

3.) Power and electrical look great and mirror what I recall from the Autogyro mods for v1.

4.) Startup NG fixed, it doesn't hold and "restart" at about 11% anymore, goes all the way to about 16-18% now.

5.) Torque slowly drops on climb and requires additional power as expected, ITT slightly climbs regardless of power change. I found that the torque PSI loss seemed less extremely up to FL240.

6.) Fuel burn & cruise speed look good, no impact to what I had previously adjusted (I use a modified fuel flow scalar to comply with FSEconomy expectations)

7.) The original mods came with a modified .air file as well. Is that still recommended to have in place?

Thanks!

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the feedback!

The air file is entirely your call - maybe Autogyro can jump in at some point and add to the discussion..

I only focused on the panel and the avionics.

As for the YD... any logic is possible.. Personally I do not want the YD to stay engaged when I disconnect the autopilot.  It interferes with rudder control when flying by hand.. but that is the way I fly..

You can // comment out gauge10 in Vcockpit01 to disable this.

Bert

21 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the feedback!

The air file is entirely your call - maybe Autogyro can jump in at some point and add to the discussion..

I only focused on the panel and the avionics.

As for the YD... any logic is possible.. Personally I do not want the YD to stay engaged when I disconnect the autopilot.  It interferes with rudder control when flying by hand.. but that is the way I fly..

You can // comment out gauge10 in Vcockpit01 to disable this.

Bert, excellent. the // comment on gauge10 addressed that IAS/ALT overlay. Noted on the YD engagement, it absolutely makes sense that it'd be personal preference.

I should add that I'm on FSX:SE with these mods (making the jump to v4 early next year). So job well done again on a beta!

I'll have to fool with the .air file and try it on the next flight.

IRL, disengaging the AP disengages the YD as well. You have to re-engage the YD afterwards. 

Like most jets/turboprops the PC-12 is a feet-on-the-floor plane. You just need the rudder in the very early stages after take off and in the very late stages of the approach.  

Shane,  Happy you like it!

That the IAS/ALT display would be cured by this is somewhat of a surprise.. but the PC12 autopilot coding is such a mess that anything is possible :happy:

Bert

Just now, J35OE said:

IRL, disengaging the AP disengages the YD as well. You have to re-engine it manually afterwards. 

Interesting, perhaps the Boutique Air PC-12s are configured differently. Because I witnessed first-hand the YD staying on when the AP was disengaged prior to arrival into Merced and again into Oakland on a different tail #. I'll need to double check the half dozen or Surf Air videos I have, no first hand experience on that (flew them once and I wasn't filming).

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

but the PC12 autopilot coding is such a mess that anything is possible :happy:

Ha! It's funny you mention that, I routinely have had "one off" issues on several flights. Where something will completely not work and then work just fine with the identical variables.

For example, the first flight with your new panel the YD letters would not illuminate on the AP panel despite it showing YD on the EADI. Restarted the sim under the same start variables and it was fine.

3 minutes ago, softreset said:

Interesting, perhaps the Boutique Air PC-12s are configured differently. 

I quoted the info from a 2003 POH. Maybe they changed it later on or it's a customer option. 

Two (three if you count the autogyro .air file discussion) updates now that I've gotten home and had time for a couple of complete flights and some additional testing:

- The 1.8 version of autogyro's mods .air file is working great and as expected. The torque holds almost too well. I set 36.9 at about 2500 AGL and it held 36+ through 16,000 feet with zero adjustment. I seem to recall having to adjust power a bit more.

- The fuel reset button does not appear to be working now. It works on an unmodified panel aircraft and the previous iteration. Any of the other beta testers notice this?

- Shift 7 by default was the Carenado Cold & Dark pop-up and now it's a 2D panel of the Benedix King ADF panel that does not appear to allow cursor interaction. The Cold & Dark panel is now Shift 8.

- Fuel reset... can you explain?... not sure what that is..

- Suggest deleting window06 and renaming window07 to window06

That should give you a shift+7 Cold&Dark panel.

Bert

27 minutes ago, softreset said:

The torque holds almost too well. I set 36.9 at about 2500 AGL and it held 36+ through 16,000 feet with zero adjustment.

Not using autogyros mods so I can't test, but 36+ at 16000ft is way above maximum available climb torque. What torque do you get with full power at this alt?