Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

PC12 V2 Bert+Autogyro mods combined - beta

On 05/11/2017 at 11:13 AM, mgr said:

Thank you so much Marcel !

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

I installed Bert’s 5.2 panel mod, inserted Bert’s suggested Autogyro ”Electrical Section” replacement for the aircraft.cfg file, and replaced the PC-12.air file with the replacement included in Autogyro’s original download. After comparing the present aircraft.cfg file (with the Electrical mod) with the aircraft.cfg file in Autogyro’s package, I ended up just substituting his. I noticed that he had made adjustments to the brakes and now I can hold the plane stationary at full power. 

I took a short flight and the aircraft appears to be handling very well. I need to do more testing but I’m happy with the results, so far. I’ve only noticed one bug, if that’s what it is.

For some reason, using the checklist starting procedure, I cannot get the engine to start. Although I’ve been through several versions of the mod so far, I don’t remember having this issue when I used the stock version. After many resets and trials, I tried just watching the startup procedure that occurred when I used CTRL E. I observed the ignition switch on the overhead flicker from Auto to ON momentarily, then back to Auto while the engine started up. I then reset the sim again, ran the checklist again with the exception that I set the ignition switch to ON. The engine started every time I tried this method.

Bert, is there anything in the mods that that would cause the Auto ignition setting not to work fo me? This problem existed for me before I included the PC-12.air and aircraft.cfg substitutions.  

13 hours ago, LZScout said:

Bert, is there anything in the mods that that would cause the Auto ignition setting not to work for me? This problem existed for me before I included the PC-12.air and aircraft.cfg substitutions.  

I have absolutely no idea.. that is a question for Autogyro.. :cool:

Bert

Mods work great Bert. Thanks again for putting all the effort into this and sharing it with us. Makes a good model great!

-Bob

• Upvote 1

Bert, sorry to bring this up again since I thought you’d answered it in some previous post. I know you disabled the Avidyne unit in your mod. I want to enable it again. I thought it was something \\ out in the panel.cfg file but I can’t find it. Would you be so kind as to lead me where I need to go?

V5.6. is out now with:

- Transponder Flight Timer fixed

- Cabin Heat operational

• Upvote 1

Bert

2 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

PM sent.  I'd certainly be interested in getting the latest version.  Thanks.

V5.7. on the way to you.

Bert

Just picked up the Cheyenne III (enjoying it) and noticed that the IAS hold will hold the dialed speed. For example, 140 knots is 140kts IAS. Whereas on the PC-12 I have to select 150 to get 140. So I started poking around in gauges and saw this (inside the Gauge_ANUM_AUTOPILOT file):

<Element id="Gauge_ANUM_IAS_HOLD">
            <FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
            <Visibility>(L:CUSTOM_AUTOPILOT_AIRSPEED_HOLD, number) 1 ==</Visibility>
            <Image id="Image" Name="Gauge_ANUM_IAS_HOLD.bmp">
               <Transparent>True</Transparent>
               <Bright>True</Bright>
            </Image>
          </Element>

<Element id="Gauge_ANUM_IAS_HOLD">
            <FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
            <Visibility>0</Visibility>
            <Image id="Image" Name="Gauge_ANUM_VNAV_CPLD.bmp">
               <Transparent>True</Transparent>
               <Bright>True</Bright>
            </Image>
          </Element>

So two questions:

1. Does everyone else's PC-12 behave the same way? +10 IAS to achieve desired actual IAS
  2. If so, anyway to modify the Cheyenne III's behavior into the PC-12 for IAS hold? If not, well then I guess I'll clean install and re-add Bert's mods.

Thanks!

Airspeed Hold coding in the autopilot is complex stuff, and I have never attempted to tinker with it.  Personally, I consider the IAS function to be unreliable and do not use it, when flying the PC12.

Bert

Bert - Noted, thanks. I've (overall) been very pleased with it on the PC-12 and thus far the Cheyenne III. I switch between VS & IAS on climb outs and have had equally fair results.