Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

PC12 V2 Bert+Autogyro mods combined - beta

On 12/16/2019 at 10:44 AM, D-AKNO said:

Hi,

i created a little mod (xml) to add external power to the PC12. It will only work in P3D v4.

To activate the external power simply click at the top of the left AMP VDC Display in the overhead panel. "EXT PWR" will illuminate while it's activated at the top of this display, using the same font, so it actually looks pretty nice while not beeing araig... Do deactivate simply click again. This is what it looks like.

It only works in combination with the panel mod from Bert, because my xml is added to the panel folder. Additionally it needs a gauge called dsd_p3d_battery_charger_x64.dll by Doug Dawson. It's his gauge doing the magic with the external power. I just controll his gauge with a clickspot in the VC of the PC12. So all the credits to him.

I included all the information on where to get his file and how to install it in the readme. I uploaded it to avsim, but its not online yet. You should find it on avsim soon. It's called " PC12 External Power ".

I would be happy if some of you give it a try.

-- Alexcharger

Alex, thank you very much for your External Power Mod, very useful and practical. I've been using Doug Dawson battery charging gauge for some time and in all of my planes, but as a 2D pop-up. Your integration in the PC12 VC is very ingenious and practical. A note for FSX and FSX SE users like me: There is a Doug Dawson battery charging gauge for FSX called dsd_battery_charger. FSX users just download this gauge from the same site noted in Alex read me and change the gauge name accordingly in the panel.cfg. I tested and worked great. Thanks again to Alex!!

Cheers,

Roberto

Hi Alex,

Just as Roberto can confirm it also works with FSX. Was wondering is it possible to connect it with the "External power" switch itselve?

Marcel

Hi,

thank you very much for testing.

I thought that the External Power switch is just a dummy because Carenado didn't include external power but after you suggested it Marcel, I did a little research and found that the switch is acutally triggering an L-Var.

So I changed the xml to work with the switch in the overhead panel. I uploaded it to avsim as PC12 External Power V2. I also added the information on how to make it work in FSX.

Would be happy if you're going to test it again. Thanks

-- Alex

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/16/2019 at 8:44 AM, D-AKNO said:

Hi,

i created a little mod (xml) to add external power to the PC12. It will only work in P3D v4.

To activate the external power simply click at the top of the left AMP VDC Display in the overhead panel. "EXT PWR" will illuminate while it's activated at the top of this display, using the same font, so it actually looks pretty nice while not beeing araig... Do deactivate simply click again. This is what it looks like.

It only works in combination with the panel mod from Bert, because my xml is added to the panel folder. Additionally it needs a gauge called dsd_p3d_battery_charger_x64.dll by Doug Dawson. It's his gauge doing the magic with the external power. I just controll his gauge with a clickspot in the VC of the PC12. So all the credits to him.

I included all the information on where to get his file and how to install it in the readme. I uploaded it to avsim, but its not online yet. You should find it on avsim soon. It's called " PC12 External Power ".

I would be happy if some of you give it a try.

-- Alex

Alex, I’m working on installing version 2 of your PC12 external power mod using Doug Dawson’s gauge. I have done a fresh install of the PC12 and installed Bert’s modification. Your instructions are pretty straight forward but I think I’ve missed something in the installation of Doug Dawson’s gauge since I can’t get it to work. Would you (or Doug if he’s reading this) provide a step by step on how to install his gauge? It wasn’t very clear to me in his read readme.txt file.

I got it figured out where I went wrong. I missed entering the digits describing the location of the gauge. It works now.

• Like 1

After installing this combo i have 2 problems and i dont know what i have done wrong. If someone could advice that would be great.

1) It seems that some of the external lights (e.g. Landing Lights ) buttons cannot be pressed and do not work

2)No matter if i adjust the trim correctly, it seems that the plane starts to take off around 60kts with a high nose attitude.

Any help?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

1 hour ago, earthdog said:

2)No matter if i adjust the trim correctly, it seems that the plane starts to take off around 60kts with a high nose attitude.

I don't know how you establish the correct trim, but with the original and the updated FDE https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=pc12_ng.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search you don't need to change the trim for takeoff with the default load and flaps 15°

Edited by FDEdev

2 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

I don't know how you establish the correct trim, but with the original and the updated FDE https://library.avsim.net/login.php?Location=%2Fdownload.php%3FDLID%3D211584 you don't need to change the trim for takeoff with the default load and flaps 15°

Installation of FDE is ok.

Loaded up the aircraft. Fuel 30%. Takeoff.

Trim is like this:

Snipaste-2020-04-04-15-04-53.png

See Video of takeoff

https://youtu.be/SQLnXbRbiWk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Very strange. Although VR at very low weight is only 63kts, she doesn't rotate on her own at neutral trim with only the pilot on board. Don't know if any other mods might interfere with the CG of the PC-12.

Is there any mod available to put a GTN650 below the 750?

5 hours ago, earthdog said:

After installing this combo i have 2 problems and i dont know what i have done wrong. If someone could advice that would be great.

1) It seems that some of the external lights (e.g. Landing Lights ) buttons cannot be pressed and do not work

Any help?

Re 1.. did you change the Landing Lights Electricals in the aircraft.cfg? :unsure:

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Re 1.. did you change the Landing Lights Electricals in the aircraft.cfg? :unsure:

Initially i used the settings in your email. 

I tried with the electrical section that was in the FDE patch and it seems that it resolved itself. 

Also regarding #2, I push the joystick while taxing to the front for 1 sec and it doesn't pitch up....

Nevertheless to say that this aircraft has been transformed with your (plural) mods guys. Thanks a lot.

Off to screenshot section for some visuals 🙂

8 minutes ago, earthdog said:

Also regarding #2, I push the joystick while taxing to the front for 1 sec and it doesn't pitch up....

That's interesting. Generally, as IRL you should move all flight controls through their full range before flight, it can improve the handling through the recalibration.

Great that everything works for you now 🙂  

• Like 1

I am trying to replace the 530 with a second GTN ..I kind of managed to do it but the resolution seems low...

Is there anything i can do to fix that and be sharp as the GTN#1?

Panel CFG:

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_1

gauge00=GAUGEPC12EADI!Gauge_EFIS50_EADIVCV6,     0,  0,512,480
gauge01=GAUGEPC12EHSI!Gauge_EFIS50_EHSIVCV6,     0,481,512,480
gauge02=PC12CAR!ToggleEFIS,		   0,  0,512,480
//gauge03=GPS530_3D_PC12!GPS_530_3D,   512,  0, 510,372
//gauge04=GPS530_3D_PC12!GPS_5302_3DV4,  512,373, 510,372
gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  640,400, 231,275,UNIT2
gauge05=PC12CAR!ToggleCAR530, 		 512,  373, 510, 32
gauge06=GAUGEPC12!Gauge_UPDATEV4, 			   0,  0,  1,  1
gauge07=CarSound_PC12!CarSound,  0,0,5,5
gauge08=PC12_EX500!EX500, 0,0,1,1
gauge09=PC12_Cabin_alt!C340_PRESS,         0,0,1,1
gauge10=CustomPC12!ASandYD,   0,0,1,1

Popup Panel.cfg (This works OK):

[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=937,887
ident=14402
position=5
window_size= 0.340, 0.580
zorder=7
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,937,887,UNIT2.POP

image.png