Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

PC12 V2 Bert+Autogyro mods combined - beta

39 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Not using autogyros mods so I can't test, but 36+ at 16000ft is way above maximum available climb torque. What torque do you get with full power at this alt?

ISA conditions
- Take off 1800 MSL

Autogyro's mods

- 2.3 PSI with 0 power and condition lever set to Flight Idle
- Full power torque is 43.4psi

AG 3000 43.2
AG 5000 43
AG 7000 42.5
AG 9000 42.1
AG 11000 41.3
AG 13000 40.3
AG 15000 39.3
AG 17000 37.6
AG 19000 36.1
AG 21000 34.1
AG 23000 31.9
AG 25000 29.7
AG 26000 28.4 / ITT 790 / NG 101.9

Default .air file

- 2.8 PSI with 0 power and condition lever set to Flight Idle
- Full power torque is 43.1psi

3000 43
5000 42.7
7000 42.3
9000 41.9
11000 41.1
13000 40.1
15000 39.1
17000 37.4
19000 35.9
21000 33.9
23000 31.7
25000 29.6
26000 28.3 / ITT 759 / NG 99.99

Edited by softreset

Thanx for posting. Full power torque is also way above any limits at all altitudes. I'll stick with the original FDE which is a tad closer to the POH values.

55 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

- Fuel reset... can you explain?... not sure what that is..

Bert, certainly.

https://imgur.com/a/NlLnD

The four buttons at the bottom, second from the right: Fuel Reset

Clears the value in the Used field across from Edur(ance)

Just now, softreset said:

Bert, certainly.

https://imgur.com/a/NlLnD

The four buttons at the bottom, second from the right: Fuel Reset

Clears the value in the Used field across from Edur(ance)

OK - I see it... they changed the internal variable name for this version...

This will take some sorting and testing...  :happy:

Bert

Hi ! Just did a quick flight.

No major bugs discovered at the moment, the "new" engin management feels much better now. I am using the original air file, and cruise values were by the Carenado book for my weight and temps.

- FUEL RESET works correctly (yes, I do use it). However when we load fuel using the P3D menu, it shows negative values. Is it possible to make it remain at 0 ? A press to reset works well though.

On a sidenoten do you believe it is possible to implement a GPU with your electrical magic ?

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

4 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

Hi ! Just did a quick flight.

No major bugs discovered at the moment, the "new" engin management feels much better now. I am using the original air file, and cruise values were by the Carenado book for my weight and temps.

- FUEL RESET works correctly (yes, I do use it). However when we load fuel using the P3D menu, it shows negative values. Is it possible to make it remain at 0 ? A press to reset works well though.

On a sidenoten do you believe it is possible to implement a GPU with your electrical magic ?

Thanks for the feedback - I am afraid that I am operating at the far edge of what I know how to do here... so the GPU request may stretch the magic just a little too far..

Avoiding negative values on the other hand should be possible.. :happy:

Edit: Here is the fix.. open the Gauge_Engine_PC12_DIGVCV4.xml file, in the GaugePC12 folder with Notepad.

Find the section:

<!-- END MACROS -->    
        <Update id="Init">
            <Script>

and insert these two lines directly below the <Script> line.

(L:fuelQuantity, gallons) (A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY, gallons) &lt; if{
            (A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY, gallons) (&gt;L:fuelQuantity, gallons) }

• Upvote 1

Bert

Bert - Did a couple of flights with the 5.1 panel and everything is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for such a quick fix on the fuel reset button. I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary or that's changed from previous versions. Works great, thanks again!

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to give this plane a fair shake since it generated so much interest... Once you guys are happy with the upgrade - I’d like to take a gander if you guys care to share... One question - does anyone know how to do the LUA scripts for custom button presses based on the LVARS so we can assign them in FSUIPC ? We used them extensively on the FSW Lear and they made life so much easier and manageable for the pilot during critical phases of flight...

Do we need autogyro’s original work or is everything in the files you share ?

Keep up the good work...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

7 hours ago, turbojetfan said:

Does this package contain any of the Altimeter updates that Marcel was working on?

It includes Marcel's EADI enhancements and any Autogyro fixes that I am aware of.

Altimeter updates?  That is new to me.. can you elaborate?

Bert

Hiya,

@Bert: will send you a update soon.

Changes:
- EADI: DH marker, background made black
- EADI: IAS and VS can not be displayed at the same time now
- EADI: Fast/Slow pointer modified according real-life
- EADI: Roll pointer/scale redrawn for more sharpness
- Altimeter: Changed colour (more orange) FEET, pHa en IN MB changed to real text, remove the texture.
- Altimeter: When below 100 ft and 1000 ft, leading Zero('s) removed. Added real-life marks for altitudes below 10.000 ft.

eadi-update2.png

Marcel

This is amazing community work guys. I am so impressed. It is a real shame that Carenado doesn't get you all on board somehow. it would be a dream if their modelling and artwork could be mated to a quality avionics package...

Thanks to you all. You make the thought of actually buying one of these viable to a Carenado disbeliever...

A

Hi Marcel, updates received!

A V5.2. will go out shortly - give me a day to integrate and test  :happy:

• Upvote 1

Bert