Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

PC12 V2 Bert+Autogyro mods combined - beta

IAS certainly seems spot on with the Cheyenne III (a first!).   It generally works ok on the PC12 (well good enough to use, which can't be said for IAS mode on all Carenado planes) but as softreset said, does generally hold speed a little lower than the set value.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Hiya,

19 hours ago, softreset said:

So two questions:

1. Does everyone else's PC-12 behave the same way? +10 IAS to achieve desired actual IAS
  2. If so, anyway to modify the Cheyenne III's behavior into the PC-12 for IAS hold? If not, well then I guess I'll clean install and re-add Bert's mods.

Thanks!

1. Yes, find the IAS setting very usefull in the climb on the PC-12. Besides the approx 10 kts offset it works as it should so far i could tell. Note only use it in the climb phase, not in the descend phase.

Marcel

On 11/27/2017 at 6:00 PM, softreset said:

Just picked up the Cheyenne III (enjoying it) and noticed that the IAS hold will hold the dialed speed. For example, 140 knots is 140kts IAS. Whereas on the PC-12 I have to select 150 to get 140. So I started poking around in gauges and saw this (inside the Gauge_ANUM_AUTOPILOT file):

<Element id="Gauge_ANUM_IAS_HOLD">
            <FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
            <Visibility>(L:CUSTOM_AUTOPILOT_AIRSPEED_HOLD, number) 1 ==</Visibility>
            <Image id="Image" Name="Gauge_ANUM_IAS_HOLD.bmp">
               <Transparent>True</Transparent>
               <Bright>True</Bright>
            </Image>
          </Element>

<Element id="Gauge_ANUM_IAS_HOLD">
            <FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
            <Visibility>0</Visibility>
            <Image id="Image" Name="Gauge_ANUM_VNAV_CPLD.bmp">
               <Transparent>True</Transparent>
               <Bright>True</Bright>
            </Image>
          </Element>

So two questions:

1. Does everyone else's PC-12 behave the same way? +10 IAS to achieve desired actual IAS
  2. If so, anyway to modify the Cheyenne III's behavior into the PC-12 for IAS hold? If not, well then I guess I'll clean install and re-add Bert's mods.

Thanks!

Is there any reason why this couldn’t be used on the PC-12?

I guess that's my question, Bert has indirectly answered it. Sounds like there's a lot of behind-the-scenes "logic" that might not be easily transferable.

Maybe it's a matter of just calling the gauge of the Cheyenne III from the PC-12, no clue. My savvy with gauges and .xml is basic at best. Mostly I was fielding the question to the group, preferably to be seen by someone who might be able to make sense of it.

Thank you Bert. Flown and tested. All systems a OK.

Decided by the same token to integrate the Roland wx radar in the Avidyne. Works like a charm (after a bit of tweaking of course)

I got meself a nice office now.

Tks again,

http://wdHznSa.jpgPierre

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Pierre

Hi Folks,

Looking good - Pierre...

Yeah - REX needs to hurry up with their Wx Radar for v4 - so we can do the same as well...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Actually Scott, the Roland wx radar has a x64 dll which works nicely in P3Dv4.1.7 here. But I'm also eagerly awaiting for REX to update theirs

Cheers,

Pierre

3 minutes ago, mcccop_04 said:

Bert i would appreciate a copy of these mods.

Thank you,

Josh

Hi Josh,

Bert has a little process for this - just PM (Private Message) him by clicking on his avatar and include your email address so he can send you the files...

And Welcome Aboard !!!

Regards,
Scott

Hey Guys, I just sent pm to Bert, but can you simply explain the basics of this mod compared with autogyros mod? I am a little lost to umderstand what is for what, what I should use, or if I should replace .air file. Could you please give me some explanation? What am I missing?

Thanks

Jiri

Hi Jiri,

As I understand it - Bert’s forte is modifying the XML gauges in the panel - including functions of the autopilot... Autogyro’s mod worked with the FDE and turbine performance... Bert’s mod has been updated for v4 - I don’t think Autogyro’s mod has - but people report it works - not a great deal has changed with FDE’s over the years... This is all just to the best of my knowledge...

Regards,

Scott

Looking forward to it.  Would love an updated/all-in-one mod for the PC-12, since it seems there are assorted versions out there.  Especially for those who don’t own the GTN.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM