Sign in to follow this  
ninerwhiskey9W

is the FSPilotShop okay for downloads ?

Hello,

I've recieved a discount code for any purchases from https://www.fspilotshop.com. I've never used it before, and was wondering if it is good site to purchase from ?

From what I can find, they only keep your account active till one year after purchase, and then charge $5 if you want to download it afterwards, and the same for any updates after one year. The product I'm looking to buy is ASP4. They also have a no refund policy and the reports of their customer service isnt that good. Most of these threads about the store are from a few years ago, are things still the same or would buying from there be a good idea ?

Cheers

Ninerwhiskey9w,

I personally recommend buying from the developer if at all possible. Go to distributor if all else fails.

I believe you get better and faster service in most cases. I onlyt buy from an on-line shop if the dev has no sales facilities and that is fairly rare.

Good luck

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

If you buy on Fspilotshop after one year you lost direct downloading of your addons. You must pay 5€/$ to reactive the access for each addon. So I lost a lot of money with upgrading to p3dv4.1🤔

That make this site very expensive, the best is to buy on developpers site.

Plus at fspilotshop the worst meet the best and informations about compatibilities are often not indicated.

I regret mine use of this site

• Upvote 1

I have never had any issues with FSS. I have purchased all my Orbx sceneries from them; had no issues re-downloading or migrating them to the new FTX Central 3.

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I personally recommend buying from the developer if at all possible. Go to distributor if all else fails.

Tony

From what I can see on the dev page, HiFi sells only on a few reseller websites.

1 hour ago, ms2 said:

If you buy on Fspilotshop after one year you lost direct downloading of your addons. You must pay 5€/$ to reactive the access for each addon. So I lost a lot of money with upgrading to p3dv4.1🤔

That make this site very expensive, the best is to buy on developpers site.

Plus at fspilotshop the worst meet the best and informations about compatibilities are often not indicated.

I regret mine use of this site

Thanks for the feedback. With ASP4, I think once you have purchased the liscence, you can directly use it on the software which is available from the dev site. I have contacted their sales department for confirmation.

55 minutes ago, vc10man said:

I have never had any issues with FSS. I have purchased all my Orbx sceneries from them; had no issues re-downloading or migrating them to the new FTX Central 3.

FSS being Flight Sim Store ? Their products are listed only in AUD it seems.

I stopped shopping there years ago because of the one year limit on redownloads.  There are plenty of other shops where you can buy the same products without that limitation.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

JustFlight are without doubt the best Distributor. Reward points for every purchase.  You can't go wrong.

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

+1 FlightsimStore has been great so far, I think there’s a drop down to change currency, I could be wrong though. The CAD and AUD aren’t so different luckily

• Upvote 1

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

SimMarket and JustFlight for me. FsPilotShop download limit is extremely irritating and thus I will never,ever buy anything there again. Bought QW757, lucked out that QW offered updates outside the stores. 

• Upvote 1

Must be one of the anomalies here because I've always had good luck with FSPilotShop.  In fact I just bought Washington X from them today.

No issues with download speeds, etc.  As for the year, I back up all of my downloads on a RAID 1 NAS.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

6 hours ago, airernie said:

As for the year, I back up all of my downloads on a RAID 1 NAS.

Yes I store my add ons for reinstall too but that doesn't solve the problem of a Dev releasing an up date which you have to download from the store you bought it from. You then find that you now have to pay to access your download, I've been burned by them with this on a few things so learned my lesson and don't use them now.

Chris

I bought a lot of add-ons from FSPilotshop before, but also stopped after they implemented this one-year download limit. However, since the release of P3D4 and a few other updates, I noticed that the relevant downloads "re-activate". So even after your one-year download limit expired, it resets whenever there is an update and starts with a new one-year limit. I still think it is a stupid system (not sure why they implemented that) and much prefer other web-stores nowadays, but at least you can re-download updates without having to pay the $5 fee.

In one or two cases I had to e-mail FSPilotshop to request a link to be re-activated, when I saw that an an update was available, but not activated on my account. My requests have always been honored, so all is not lost with FSPilotshop. But I do agree it is a rather awkward system.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

On 10/31/2017 at 4:05 AM, vc10man said:

FSS is the flightsimstore.  not the FSPilotshop

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.