Sign in to follow this  
Bianfable

Weather Radar

Does the weather radar on the Carenado CJ2 require Active Sky Next?

I just tried to get it to work by selecting really bad weather in the FSX standard menu, then turning the FORMAT to ARC mode (also tried the others) and clicking on the RADAR button twice to get RDR selected.

It then shows the "WX T+0.0" on the PFD and I can change the tilt angle with the knob, but I do not see anything on the screen.

The TERR mode works fine, just the weather radar is blank.

Sorry to revive an old topic here, but I would also like to know if the Radar works at all on the CJ2 and if how, I am not able to make it work. Maybe

just another Carenado fiasco.

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

The weather radar isn't terrible with Active Sky Next.  At least for me it does the job there are definitely much better ones out there though.  If I ever get any time off I'd like to do a version 2 of my CJ2+ mod with the same integrated weather radar I included with the Phoenix..........  

Jevon 

On 2/19/2020 at 11:15 PM, Novej757 said:

The weather radar isn't terrible with Active Sky Next.  At least for me it does the job there are definitely much better ones out there though.  If I ever get any time off I'd like to do a version 2 of my CJ2+ mod with the same integrated weather radar I included with the Phoenix..........  

Thanks that would be great, It is otherwise a nice plane to fly with all the mods done by you guys.

Thanks.

• Like 1

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger