Sign in to follow this  
Bourrinopathe

GTN 750 + default Cessna 172

On 10/31/2017 at 2:46 PM, Bourrinopathe said:

[…] but I had to ditch the master selection button from the original mod as I'm not familiar with the animation and logics process for the interactive elements. […]

Steep learning curve and small progress:

• the Master selection button has been restored to its original state (from the original mod) (master: UPPER/LOWER/OFF)
  • the bezel lights (knobs, buttons, Garmin logo, screen subtle glow) brightness is now bound to the panel light knob

More importantly, this means I learnt a few things and changing the instruments to a GTN 750 + GTN 650 can't be that far.

----

I can't edit the OP, but I finally found who did the original mod, so I'd like to credit his original work:
The user who made this possible is bluebell2. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

This look gorgeous, worth publishing in the "Screenshot forums"!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Whoaaaa sublime ! I don’t even dare to think what it will give in the 11.20 VR with my oculus ! .. when do you think you would be able (and open ) to share your wonderful mod ?

I'll be back to it soon. Only part of the normal maps are ready. It should be available before the end of the month, and it will be compatible both for the default C172 and the REP 172 from Simcoders (future update) (you'll be able to install the REP over it).

• Upvote 1

I'm very interested too. I would also have a question / request. Is it possible to have only a GTN750? Two 750 for me are too many (and even ugly to see).

I would like to have it like this:

• GTN750
  • GNS430
  • Autopilot

Is it possible to have it that way? A huge thank you

• Like 1

I'm still around but unfortunately I didn't find the time to modify all the files for that mod yet (I've already edited some of the required files though). The year is already going at full speed.
I've created that previous version directly from the 172 Reality Expansion Pack version, so it's not compatible with the default LR 172 just yet.
I'll have to edit the 3D model for the cockpit and make sure everything is functional.
BTW if anyone uses a VR headset I could use some feedback on the GTN clickspots integration. I'll have to change those too.

If you own the REP for the 172, send me a PM so you can test the current version with the GTN 750 and 650 (for private use only).

As for the instruments, I will only create a version with both the GTN 750 and 650 as it's probably the most realistic retrofit configuration for a 172. 
But once the models and files are in the wild anyone could create a custom configuration.

I'll try to get it done as soon as possible.

• Upvote 2

Perfect. As soon as I can buy it, I'll write to you in private. I would go to buy only the GTN750. If the configuration also includes the GTN650 that I do not have, what happens? Is it replaced by the default GPS?