Sign in to follow this  
Bourrinopathe

GTN 750 + default Cessna 172

Without the GTN 650 installed, it would look like you'd have to pay a visit to the nearest qualified technician… Inactive 3D bezel and dark screen. And of course, you can just disable the GTN 650 by editing the RealityXP.GTN.ini.

Great. And forgive me the insistence, but if I disable the 650 via the .ini file, what will I go to see? Does the GNS430 take its place?

Not at all. The cockpit would remain the same. Same 3D bezels and instruments.
I know some aircraft offer the option to switch from one set of instruments to another but it requires animation steps and some simple code I didn't try to include in that simple mod.
Maybe Laminar Research will provide a way to use modular instruments in the future but with the current implementation, it's rather difficult to get a custom cockpit.

• Upvote 2

On 7/2/2018 at 5:35 AM, Bourrinopathe said:

BTW if anyone uses a VR headset I could use some feedback on the GTN clickspots integration. I'll have to change those too.

Well, if you want, I have both 650/750 from RealityXP and I actually fly with Oculus Rift. ;) 

• Upvote 1

Ah excellent. If you're interested in testing an early version of the mod with the default 172 (without REP), please PM me your email address so we can get in touch easily.
It would be mostly to check if the clickspots are easy to reach in VR and if everything looks ok.
Thanks for chiming in ;)

• Upvote 1

hi guys.
 i just bought the GTN750 and i'm using REP 172.
can you assiste me with integration between them ?
i can't understand how do i supposed to make it ..

any help ?

Hi @Bourrinopathe. I’m using an oculus rift . It as been reported that the latest version of 11.20 VR2 allows to click spot with the virtual mouse . I’ll be happy to early test and report you the feedback.  With or without the REp172 I’m using both but in be only the native one