Sign in to follow this  
Bourrinopathe

GTN 750 + default Cessna 172

Rep 3.4.6 ist out...do we need to wait for an update of your excellent Mod?

edit

REP 3.5.6 has still the mixture lever "bug"

Edited by Wickerman88

Thanks for the report @Wickerman88
What was suspected is that the line endings format was preventing the correct modification of the Cessna_172SP_GTN_cockpit.obj file by the REP installer since I'm using a Windows environment (it changes LE from LF (Unix) to CRLF (Windows)).
So I fixed that (manually reverted back to LF) and tested the REP 3.4.6. Unfortunately the mixture lever issue is still present.
That's not that surprising as the mod .obj file was saved with CRLF since initial release, and the REP installer worked fine then.
I submitted my results to SimCoders and we'll see what could go wrong.

In the meantime, you can still use the temporary fix linked to this post.

----
@X P Flyer Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! That's exactly why I shared it.
I'm sure we would have more custom GTNs integrations if the process wouldn't be that painful. So it's best to share what we can 😉

Edited by Bourrinopathe
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bourrinopathe said:

if the process wouldn't be that painful

I've been suggesting X-Plane developers to consider alternatives to their SDK so that an aircraft is no longer considered a whole, and third party gauges could be more easily added independently both in 2D and in 3D, but so far the focus has been mostly on VR... Let's keep our fingers crossed, and maybe some customer lobbying would certainly help adjusting their development priorities.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Banging on LR's door would be the most subtle approach I could come up with 😉
Now that VR is getting ironed out, it would be a good time for the users and developers to ask LR to facilitate "third-party" and "custom" instruments integration. The demand is there and XP has always been built around some degree of modularity. But the 2D cockpit era is long gone.
Some developers could even offer some EFIS solutions as payware addons (like vFlyteAir or Carenado Dynon EFD 1000).
At least the RXP GTNs are getting very popular and most new release offer a 3D implementation.
That being said I'm sure most end-user/simmer are unaware of how non-flexible a virtual cockpit configuration could be due to how it's currently implemented in X-Plane.

3 hours ago, Bourrinopathe said:

That being said I'm sure most end-user/simmer are unaware of how non-flexible a virtual cockpit configuration could be due to how it's currently implemented in X-Plane.

Hi Bourrinopathe,

long time RXP customers most likely know already, new or future customers might not yet though.

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hello, @Bourrinopathe. Thanks for the great mod.

However, I couldn't use it, as I have this issue: GTN screens continue to be dark after Master baterry and Avionics ON in the Cessna. 

I use XP11.26, Reality XP GTN 750 ver. 2.5.6.0 and REP ver. 3.42. Any thoughts?

Hi @Igrok-kun
Could you confirm the Garmin trainer works correctly?
Also, did you try using the RXP GTN plugin with any other aircraft? Any luck?

(GTNs not displaying anything is usually due to a general issue not related to the mod)

[ EDIT:  just updated RXP GTN to v2.5.6, without any issue on my end - XP 11.26r2, REP 3.46 ]

Edited by Bourrinopathe
additional info
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Igrok-kun said:

REP ver. 3.42. Any thoughts?

7 hours ago, Bourrinopathe said:

without any issue on my end - XP 11.26r2, REP 3.46

Hi,

I just wanted to point out to those of you that are keen on both the Reality XP products and VR, that they work just as well in FlyInside as they do in normal X-Plane (that is the touchscreen).

This is one important reason why I haven't changed to Native VR in X-Plane yet.

FlyInside also doesn't cause any problems with Native VR, you can chop and change as you wish without having to uninstall anything.

So if you love the touchscreen as much as I do and you want to use it in VR, consider giving it a go.

You can find it at https://flyinside-fsx.com/

Disclaimer: I have no commercial relationship with the company. Just a happy customer who's been using it for years.

On another note I've been looking for bezel models for the GTN to try and add them to the VC of another plane. Is anyone keen on sharing ?

Cheers,

Ande

rep 346 wiht the fix up here works for me

jefken

• Upvote 1

banner_f33_2.pngGV9Ut3S.jpg

X-Plane 11 -My favorite aircraft F33A BONANZA XPLANE 11 REP , CAR PREMIER 1A

23 hours ago, Andelain said:

On another note I've been looking for bezel models for the GTN to try and add them to the VC of another plane. Is anyone keen on sharing ?

Hello @Andelain,

Feel free to use the GTN models and textures from this mod, as long as you mention their origin for any public content (and please send me an email if you do so).
For personal use only, you're obviously free to do whatever you see fit with the models and textures.
Details are available in the readme.txt included with this mod.

Happy modding and flying !

----

@jefken Thanks for the report !

Edited by Bourrinopathe
  • Upvote 1

Is there a possibility with this mod to have two 750`s as seen on the first posts of this topic? Thanks

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

@GCBraun
Hi,
It would be possible to create a version with two 750 but the process would require to edit the 172 cockpit object, panel configuration and texture, and the 750 3D models (so they can be placed precisely, not only using the coordinates from the Plane Maker).
Someone stubborn enough could do it with the files included in this mod, but as I'm satisfied with the 750/650 configuration and have very little free time, that wouldn't be me 😉

• Upvote 1

@Bourrinopathe

Just a heads up... seems the latest REP release breaks stuff again. First time user so it's possible I'm doing something wrong. But it works fine for the vanilla version. Basically, the mixture still is an issue... but also the AV BUS1 won't toggle anymore, and I can't start it up for the life of me. Seems to insta-drain the battery, doesn't even turn anything over.

Thanks so much for this btw! Great stuff!