Sign in to follow this  
Bourrinopathe

GTN 750 + default Cessna 172

@GitNick
Thanks for the info about the current REP version. I'm not surprised it's still not fully compatible as Claudio (from Simcoders) and I didn't find how to fix the issue yet.
I'll wait for the 11.30 to hit the release version and probably revisit the mod including the REP compatibility (no promises though).
In the meantime, the temporary fix posted previously should take care of the aforementioned issues.

• Like 1

Hi and thanks for this awesome job on getting the 750 into the 172. It was working until 11.30 rc2. Not sure if it worked for rc1 but it was working for 11.26. This is what I get when trying to load the aircraft now. 

" Be Advised. Couldn'd load the sound bank! MasterBank.bank (soun_fmod_container.cpp:47)"

Then when I press ok, it crashes. 

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks

Happy new year Bourrinopathe,

Will there be an update of the C172 Rep Package including the GTN750? it seems Laminar changed some things at the default C172 in 11.26 and 11.30, but the base C172 from your project seems to from 11.20.

Hi there,
Thanks @Wickerman88! And happy new year to everyone!
Yes, I definitely need to revisit the mod as LR has slightly updated the cockpit model (trim buttons on the yoke I think?).
It's been a while so I'll have to get familiar with the whole process and some of the tools I used all over again. This might take a while depending on my free time.
Rest assured that mod has not drifted out of my scope - the C172 is still one of my favorite aircraft in X-Plane (along with the mighty TBM 900 from Hot Start (that thing is a wonder, go check it out if don't already have)).

I'll post in this thread if I have something new.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:00 AM, BonanzaDude said:

Is there much work to remove the GTN650 and have the GNS430 in its place?  I don't own the 650 so it says off in the panel.

John

Hi John,
It depends on your definition of "much" and your skills and tools 😉

You would have to remove the GTN 650 model and screen from the aircraft misc objects using the Plane Maker, attach the GNS 430 below the GTN 750 in the same manner.
Probably reconfigure the GNS 430 panel coordinates - you would have to check if the textures coordinates can fit on the current Panel.png or if you would have to edit the .obj properties so it would fit (that's necessary to display the GNS 430 dynamic texture/display).

Then, you would have to edit the *_cockpit.obj to be able to use the GNS 430 buttons/rotaries in the virtual cockpit (both VR and with regular mouse control).
You could skip that part if you only use the GNS 430 with hotkeys.
That step is tricky as you would have to import the .obj and none of the softwares I used at the time were able to import the cockpit object without losing data. I had to rebuild part of it each time I changed anything (losing manipulators commands, 3D object properties, etc.).
Maybe the plugins are better now - I have no idea.

Honestly, the best move would be to buy the GTN 650…

It depends what will prevail: your sheer will or your bank account stoicism 😉

• Like 1

Hello!

I use two separate versions of Laminar Cessna's 172. First goes with GTN 750 by Reality XP, second goes with the bush mod by ProperStrike Studio. They are in separate folders and I would like to use REP with both of them.

I've activated REP for bush Cessna, but when I load another Cessna (with GTN) REP shows me the message "REP is installed, but a licence is missing". I was trying to activate it through the X-Plane menu, as I did before with bush Cessna, but when I press "enable package" nothing happens, no windows for input serial number appears. Therefore, REP for my second Cessna (with GTN) doesn't work (no lateral menu on the left and everything other).

How can I use both Cessna with the REP?

@Igrok-kun
Sorry I didn't see your message sooner.
The GTN mod needs to be updated to the latest LR version. The AP and other details have been improved/updated (even in the recent XP 11.33 beta 1). This requires editing most of the mod from scratch (except for the GTN 3D models), and I don't know when I'll be able to do it.
Due to the different changes, my guess would be that REP is trying to find a line that does not exist in my mod, but I don't know why the "enable package" command does not display any error message.

Please just consider the mod not compatible with REP at this time.

I've updated my REP version for the GTN mod using the SkunkCrafts updater, but my own modded Skyhawk has been activated with REP a while ago.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi @Bourrinopathe,

will there be an update to the mod for the rep package? I guess the rep pack for c172 has been "finished", there will be no updates.

Hi there,

I have recently purchased the GTN750 for X-plane,  however, the file for the integration with the default Cessna 172 on dropbox is unavailable to be downloaded as the link has expired.

Please can someone with the file attach the new download link?

Thanks

Edited by scotsman0701

Hi @Wickerman88

I don't think I'll update the mod to be compatible with REP.
The REP 172 will use the improvements of the core features so it would be required to make sure it stays compatible.

I've recently tested a custom mod without the REP, by refreshing the mod to the most recent LR 172 and testing an engine upgrade using a (hypothetical) Titan X370 @205 HP and a constant speed McCauley 3-blade prop (pretty similar to the Isham mod).
REP is obviously not compatible with different engine and systems specs.
Unfortunately the tool I use to import the cockpit object still fails and generates errors I have to fix manually every time I make a change.

But this Titan version works beautifully and has the updated autopilot (STec 55X), the buttons on the yoke and a few fixes.
I've used some elements from the free bush kit made by Propstrike Studio.

I'm also still waiting for the x-plane Blender plugin to be compatible with the 1.80 version.

(@Wickerman88: if you're interested in testing this mod, send me a PM - for private use only)

Edited by Bourrinopathe
  • Like 2

@Bourrinopathe sorry but im a little confused with so many info, i was about to buy the REP package and the GTN 750, 2 simple questions:

At the present date...

X-Plane 11.34 + default Cessna 172 + REP + GTN 750 + your mod :works - yes/no ?

X-Plane 11.34 + default Cessna 172 + GTN 750 + your mod :works - yes/no ?

You just need to delete whats wrong 😉

Thanks

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

@Bourrinopathe
Thanks for the detailed reply 😉

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync