Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Help Please

Hi.. Here's my problem. I have uninstalled these sceneries: FSDreamteam-KORD,KCLT,JFKV2 etc and removed utlive and Sode. The reason is because your program found incorrect characters in the xmls. Apparently FSDreamteam as well as others are adding their scenery in the Documents/P3dv4 add ons and not in the scenery cfg file any longer. I am trying to use Voxatc and apparently this is causing problems and it can't index. 

What is the best way to install these addons so it will be right? I noticed when I installed FSDreamteam etc that they are at the top of the scenery library locked and cannot be moved.Hope I am making sense. So I guess now no new scenery are being added to the scenery.cfg? Whats the best way to do this?

OeT8DSd.jpgpbreiQh.jpg

Bob M

Hi,

don't worry too much about the character encoding, that is just a warning. P3D will probably read those files anyway. Other than that, everything looks just fine, you just install the sceneries like the developer of that product says. That you cannot move the externally defined sceneries in P3D is normal - and one of the reasons that the P4AO exists.

If an external tool like VoxATC cannot handle the XML definitions, there is a special function in the P4AO where you can temporarily create a scenery.cfg containing all sceneries, no matter where they are. Please check out the manual, chapter 3.9, for details about how to do this. 

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks, not sure I did it with your program..forgot how i did it lol but I believe MakeRunways .exe makes a scenery.cfg file that lists all the sceneries. By default P3dv4 only list the original so I copied and renamed it scenery.cfg and replaced original scenery.cfg with it. I am not sure if the scenery .cfg is what Voxatc reads and indexes from that?

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

1 hour ago, unc1rlm said:

Thanks, not sure I did it with your program..forgot how i did it lol but I believe MakeRunways .exe makes a scenery.cfg file that lists all the sceneries. By default P3dv4 only list the original so I copied and renamed it scenery.cfg and replaced original scenery.cfg with it. I am not sure if the scenery .cfg is what Voxatc reads and indexes from that?

Thanks,

Bob M.

Hello Bob,

only the VoxATC developer knows. But this was the valid method before P3D, so it is likely.

For the record: MakeRunways accesses my P4AO tool to create that file.

You can do the same thing by using the method mentioned above; the scenery.cfg is created in the right place with the right name - you then run VoxATC or whatever, after that the file is reverted back to the original by P4AO.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks, In regards to the xml error messages.. I used a 30day trial of Altova XMLSpy anhd converted the two xml to utf8 and the error came up so I converted to utf16 and the error disappeared when I ran your tool. Sound right?  As far as the locked sceneries at top of library. I reinstalled them and had double entries so I deleted the 5 or 6 at top and now the library doesn't have that anymore and scenery runs fine. I removed all of fsdreamteam addon folders except for addon manager to the desktop. Everything seems ok.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M