Sign in to follow this  
LABOX

Sim Crashes as soon as I hit "divert now"

Hi everybody,

I have a persisting problem with both the 777 and the 747v3. When I start at an airport, put in a route, take off and then at some point choose an alternate to divert to, as described in the title, I get a CTD, as soon as I hit "divert now" on the ALTN page. I get something similar with the 747v3 when I type in another destination on the RTE page.

The thing that bothers me (on top of the fact that CTDs are of course annoying): It´s not always like that. Sometimes, if I divert soon after takeoff "divert now" works, but on almost every flight that takes longer than approximately an hour, I get these crashes, when trying to divert to another destination.

The sim just freezes for 5 seconds and then it shuts down without any further error messages.

It used to be like that with FSX, now I´m using FSXSE, situation stays the same. Unfortunately I can´t remember if this also occurs with the NGX. If needed, I will make some test flights...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards, Arne

LABOX4.jpg

Has your issue been resolved yet or is it still happening? Sorry for no one replying to you until now.

• Upvote 1

No problem. Thanks for the reply. I’ve been doing a lot of shorter hops with the NGX lately, so I really can’t tell. The NGX doesn’t show this behaviour at all. There were also a couple of threads about this topic, unfortunately none of them provided a solution. I’ll report back as soon as I make progress in one way or the other...

LABOX4.jpg