Sign in to follow this  
tonymerry

Majestic Dash 8 in P3Dv4

I have a problem with the Majestic Dash 8 in P3Dv4. It worked fine in fsx so I invested in the version for P3Dv4. The problem is that this sim doesn't recognise my Thrustmaster hotas controls. They do not appear in the "Control panel". The controls work fine in all the other aircraft i.e. the PMDG 737 etc. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the Dash 8 a couple of times without success. There seems to be no link between this aircraft & the controls. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Tony Merry

Hi Tony. Do you have the control panel open with the plane loaded in the sim in the background? 

Do you have the Pause on Task Switch option  disabled in P3d? 

I'm not sure if FSUIPC is needed or not. Do you have it installed? 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Tony, you should try to bypass P3D for the input management. You can handle the joystick directly from the Q400 .INI file as far as it's listed in Windows devices. See the documentation.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

You shouldn't have problems with Thrustmaster, you will not see action in the Control panel without having the Q loaded in sim.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 25/10/2017 at 10:34 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

On 25/10/2017 at 2:35 PM, branks737 said:

Yes, thanks Dave for the landing tips, I've been struggling with it but really enjoying this bird.

Also I used this video to get the 125hz controls to work with my saitek pro yoke and rudder pedals. End result very smooth controls.

Watch the above video and use the above utility to get the 125hz controls working. The above video is for saitek controls but it shows you what part of the .ini file as there are some settings in there that need to be changed to disable the controller from fsx. The utility program will automatically add the values for your specific controller.

If you don't want to use 125hz then check this section in the mj8.ini file

; Flight Controls positions from FSX
ElevatorsByFSX=0
AileronsByFSX=0
RuddersByFSX=0

If they are all 0 then it is disabled to work directly in p3d. Hope that makes sense

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, branks737 said:

Watch the above video and use the above utility to get the 125hz controls working. The above video is for saitek controls but it shows you what part of the .ini file as there are some settings in there that need to be changed to disable the controller from fsx. The utility program will automatically add the values for your specific controller.

If you don't want to use 125hz then check this section in the mj8.ini file

; Flight Controls positions from FSX
ElevatorsByFSX=0
AileronsByFSX=0
RuddersByFSX=0

If they are all 0 then it is disabled to work directly in p3d. Hope that makes sense

Nice! Thanks for sharing 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Have followed the advice and now controls are working fine. Just one puzzle remains, there is no response from control movement in the "Control Panel" i.e. the numbers do not change as I move the controls. Yes I have the panel loaded when the Dash 8 is loaded. Still all is working so perhaps it will have to remain a mystery.

Thanks again all.   Tony Merry

You know what they say....if it ain't broke, don't fix it..

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

is the difference in controls real that noticeable between Pilot and Pro version? Its the main factor in my deciding which one to go for.

1 hour ago, roland_lfor said:

Yes it is.

And you have the great HUD in Pro version, and the shared cockpit.

Thanks, but unfortunately they don't really interest me. The only perk I'm interested in is the better controls, and pondering whether its worth £20 extra

I don't use the hud very much, mostly not at all, but when you consider the improvement in the controls, all I can say is that really made me fall in love with this plane, it really is a great difference and it greatly enhances the effect of actually sitting in cockpit as opposed to remembering you are looking at a computer monitor.

I have given up getting the 125 Hz control option to work. The Q400 just does not see my Saitek yoke (rudder works fine) and I wasted to much time using the trial and error method. The normal control interface works fine for me but I am not sure what I am missing....

Johan Pienaar