Iceman2

No Lower level Clouds (ASN)

Hi all,

I've lost my low level clouds when using PTA with ASN. I have seen a few posts saying reinstall P3D again which I have done and this fixes the clouds issue. However when I use PTA again and select any option I will loose the lower level clouds again. If I restore the backed up default shaders again I still don't get the clouds back, the only way to get them back is a reinstall of content, client and scenery again.

What's strange is I can go to the WX menu in P3Dv4.1 and  choose a default weather setting like cloudy and rainy and I'll get the clouds. Any help is appreciated. 

thanks

IM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You are using a P3Dv4 preset in P3Dv4.1 Use a compatible preset ...

You probably have the incompatible Clouds Directional Lighting custom tweaks in the preset.

9 hours ago, GSalden said:

You are using a P3Dv4 preset in P3Dv4.1 Use a compatible preset ...

You probably have the incompatible Clouds Directional Lighting custom tweaks in the preset.

Appreciate your reply. Unfortunately I can’t select anything in PTA (not one option) or I’ll loose the clouds.

It makes me think I’m using an old version of PTA but I’ve downloaded the latest from their website. (2.60 I think)

thanks anyway

IM

In that case uninstall PTA

Un- and reinstall P3Dv4.1 client

Reinstall PTA

Same problem here after complete reinstall of P3dv4 and ASP4, for the second time low clouds completely dissapeared. Must be be caused by PTA, using Matt’s latest preset?

Will try to reinstall default shaders, hope this will bring back default clouds. Btw, it looks like Envtex clouds do appear in this situation.

Pyro

Did you try another preset beside Matt’s ? Just to see If another one is working ..

regards , Gerard

Well, I unticked the directional lighting, this brought back my low clouds but now I see the brown colours coming up again, like brown clouds and horizon.

very frustrating.......

4 minutes ago, pyro said:

Well, I unticked the directional lighting, this brought back my low clouds but now I see the brown colours coming up again, like brown clouds and horizon.

very frustrating.......

Same. I've been unable to find anyone that can answer the issue with the brown horizon. As a result I'm not using PTA until someone stumbles across the solution.

Well, disabled all tweaks, reloaded default shaders and config and back in the air again, with lots of good lookin clouds!

PTA is in the hold for me sadly......

regards Pyro

Not sure if this will help anyone but the cause for my low level clouds going missing was Active Sky for P3Dv4. 

If I select (check) cloud structures in settings I would loose the low level clouds.

Unfortunately once I lost the clouds the only way to get them back was a full reinstall of P3Dv4.1 and making sure cloud structures.is unchecked before using AS.

One thing to note though I believe Flyinside was the route cause so this problem may only effect VR uses.

I'm willing to uninstall and reinstall the the client, but even if it fixed it what keeps it from happening again? It would be nice to know what is happening so it can be fixed and prevented in the future.

After reinstalling the complete P3D fsim, I m a bit afraid of reinstalling the client again. Will this cause any new issues?

No, it will fix corrupter files and it will install the default shaders. 

After replacing Shaders HLSL, delete Shaders content, rebuild cfg, reinstall client, reinstall ASP4, everything is normal again but. I don’t know why my system is allergic for PTA? Any suggestions because the presets look very nice!

2 hours ago, pyro said:

After replacing Shaders HLSL, delete Shaders content, rebuild cfg, reinstall client, reinstall ASP4, everything is normal again but. I don’t know why my system is allergic for PTA? Any suggestions because the presets look very nice!

You now have correct default Shaders.

Now un- and reinstall PTA. Then try again with a V4 compatible preset.....

Okay but uninstall PTA, I don,t see an uninstall option, do I uninstall by just deleting the map PTA? That’s the way I normally uninstall PTA. Will try tmorrow. Thanks for advice.

Exactly , by deleting PTA . Than reinstall and let it make a clean Shaders backup.

Tried again to use PTA but again no low clouds, also brown colours came up again. Only version 25.02 worked normally, any other preset causes low clouds to dissapear and brown clouds and horizon. Sorry to say that the preset of  EnvShade works perfectly...... 

However PTA is a great program, it’s not working on my system. Perhaps a video card issue (GT970 Nvidia).?

On 12/13/2017 at 3:07 AM, pyro said:

Sorry to say that the preset of  EnvShade works perfectly...... 

Don't be so sure.  I had the same low cloud disappearing issue in Envshade (with ASCA/AS4).  Somebody else did as well...its on their board.  For a while I had to reload Envshade shaders before using the sim each time.  Painful!  I was trying to figure out why exiting and restarting the sim caused this problem but then suddenly the problem went away.  

If anyone has a clue, I'm all ears.  :biggrin: