Sign in to follow this  
P2A_Friend

Alabeo C404 Titan - Can someone do the RXP GTN 750?

Hi,

I am using the Alabeo C404 Titan a lot and I was wondering whether someone could do the RXP GTN 750 integration. My attempts failed so far.

http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?accion=product&correl=114#

For me, I could loose all the instruments under the engine instruments and then there would be plenty of space for even two GTN 750 side by side.

Thank you for your consideration.

Klaus

MSFS, i7 9700K, RTX 2070, 32GB

4 hours ago, khwsommer said:

Hi,

I am using the Alabeo C404 Titan a lot and I was wondering whether someone could do the RXP GTN 750 integration. My attempts failed so far.

http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?accion=product&correl=114#

For me, I could loose all the instruments under the engine instruments and then there would be plenty of space for even two GTN 750 side by side.

Thank you for your consideration.

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Welcome to the forums.

Here is a step by step for you.

1. Run ALA430PAC404.exe in your \Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Alabeo C404_Titan folder to make sure you have the original (unmodified) panel.cfg file.

2. Run F1GTN750PAC404.exe (same folder) to create the right placement for the GTN 750.

3. Load up your Titan 404.

4. Go to Addons menu to setup aircraft for the GTN.

http://duLCXIx.jpg

Configure as following. Check No Bezel is on.

http://hP8l6g0.jpg

http://i0MFIMr.jpg

To resize the GTN popup using Shift + Left mouse click doesn't work. So open up the panel.cfg in the 404 panel folder and add // (highlighted).

[Window Titles]
Window00=AUTOPILOT
Window01=GPS 430
Window02=AVIDYNE
Window03=WINDOW MANAGER
Window04=INFO
Window05=ENGINE SETUP
Window06=KNOB INFO
Window07=RXP Garmin GTN750 U1 - DO NOT MODIFY        I changed Flight1 to RXP. My preference.:smile:
//Window08=Flight1 GTN Stack - DO NOT MODIFY        This window is not needed add //

[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=937,887
ident=14401
window_pos= 0.660, 0.160
window_size= 0.340, 0.580
zorder=99
gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0, 0,937,887
//gauge01=PA32TC!ToggleGTN750,       100,0,737,50

This window is not really needed leave as is or add //.
//[Window08]
//size_mm=255,800
//Position= 0
//window_size= 0.058, 0.243
//visible=1
//ident=14400
//zorder=100
//gauge00=F1GTN!GTNStack,  0,0,255,870

http://iveJ1K0.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hi Bill,

That is super helpful. Great. I am sure this will work.

I will try it out first thing tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

Klaus

Thank you Bill for the detailed tutorial!

I also like how you put the assistant in perspective! Most of the time I only see the end result, and I'm always intrigued to see how other people are using it with their own settings!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Bill,

It worked! Thank you very much. The tutorial is perfect. :smile:  :ampun:

Just as a matter of interest:

If I wanted to move the original ADF down to where the original transponder unit is, get rid of the transponder unit and increase the size of the GTN750 a bit by moving the bottom left corner somewhat to the left and down...

... and potentially place another GTN750 unit (for the radios 2 and traffic) to the right of the first one and getting rid of the original radio 2 and Avidyne unit.

Would that be possible?

Klaus

Hi,

Is there a similiar tutorial available for adding the RXP Gtn 750 to the default Beechcraft Baron 58 of xplane 11?

Thank you,

tim

Hi Tim,

X-Plane and FltSim panels are not managed the same. You might want to further your search in our X-Plane forum:

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Bill,

One other question: Do I need a RealityXP.GTN.ini edit, which creates a NO_BEZEL section?

Also, in my installation I have two "Direct-To" buttons on the right side of the bezel, one where it is supposed to be and one instead of the Home button...

Thank you.

Klaus

15 minutes ago, khwsommer said:

Do I need a RealityXP.GTN.ini edit, which creates a NO_BEZEL section?

With v2.4.9 RC, you don't need a specific section for 'NO_BEZEL'. Just adding this 5th parameter verbatim is enough to make it no bezel.

However, adding a section ending with '.NO_BEZEL' gives you more options, like popright= for toggling the popup window, or the 2 'brightness' adjustments if needed. Of course, should you create a named section, you are not required to name it 'NO_BEZEL'. You may name it however you want, like 'MY_VC_WITH_SCREEN_ONLY' and then set the section nobezel=true option.

The system is quite flexible!

17 hours ago, khwsommer said:

Hi Bill,

It worked! Thank you very much. The tutorial is perfect. :smile:  :ampun:

Just as a matter of interest:

If I wanted to move the original ADF down to where the original transponder unit is, get rid of the transponder unit and increase the size of the GTN750 a bit by moving the bottom left corner somewhat to the left and down...

... and potentially place another GTN750 unit (for the radios 2 and traffic) to the right of the first one and getting rid of the original radio 2 and Avidyne unit.

Would that be possible?

Klaus

Unfortunately the avionics are hard coded in the c404_interior.MDL file. Whenever you run F1GTN750PAC404.exe for instance it writes a new .mdl file for a specific gps GNS, GTN etc.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the insight. That sounds like it is not feasible. Then I just leave it the way it is.

Thanks again for all your help.

Klaus