Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

Aerosoft DC-8-50 for FSX/P3D in development

Announced yesterday.  A "medium complexity" simulation of the DC-8-50, developed by Michael Cependa, to be published by Aerosoft.  Surprised it doesn't seem to have gotten much attention.  Details in this thread on the Aerosoft preview forum.

delta3.jpg.cdf171f293f960217457f576a9ab0

59f76ec62995f_VCclimb2.jpg.51a7e3f289690

Hi Folks,

Looks good - same one that's been in development and showcased on FSDeveloper for years ? Even the legendary Paul Golding was seen over there... I know he had an interest in the DC-8...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Good question.  Mathijis' post refers to "Michael Cependa (and friends)."  That's not a name I recognize - but then, I don't frequent FSDeveloper.  So it's possible that this is something that's been out there, and I'm just now finding out about it.

Not sure if he's on the team, but it'd be nice to see Paul Golding back in the saddle again.

Hi Alan,

Yeah - I wish as well...

Just to be clear - I think Paul had just stopped in to say hello and comment - to the best of my knowledge he didn't stay around and participate - LOL - but he did offer to beta test...

Regards,

Scott

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Just to be clear - I think Paul had just stopped in to say hello and comment - to the best of my knowledge he didn't stay around and participate - LOL - but he did offer to beta test...

Now that you mention it, I think I recall a recent post (not sure where or exactly when) where he suggested that he wasn't looking to be engaged in any development projects.

A shame - if only because it'd be fun to think of this one as the natural descendant of the Dreamfleet DC-8.

Still... happy to take it on its own terms, whatever those turn out to be.

Be interesting to see how it compares to the Just Flight ones. Shame they didn't think to do a Convair 880 instead given that we've already got a 707 and a DC-8.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Good question.  Mathijis' post refers to "Michael Cependa (and friends)."  That's not a name I recognize - but then, I don't frequent FSDeveloper.  So it's possible that this is something that's been out there, and I'm just now finding out about it.

Not sure if he's on the team, but it'd be nice to see Paul Golding back in the saddle again.

I know him personally. I had some communication with him back in the early days of his project in 2009. I was working on a CRJ back then but then life got in the way. He is very talented and motivated glad to see this come into fruition. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

3 hours ago, warriorpilot said:

He is very talented and motivated

I don't doubt it.  He comes across well in his posts on the Aerosoft thread. Seems to be committed to getting it right.  Looking forward to following the project the rest of the way.

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Shame they didn't think to do a Convair 880 instead given that we've already got a 707 and a DC-8.

I'd love to see a Convair 880 (or 990).  But looking on the bright side - soon we can have a classic jet version of the "which Airbus should I buy?" thread!

No cynical comments yet regarding a release date? You disappoint me, guys :tongue:

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

No cynical comments yet regarding a release date? You disappoint me, guys :tongue:

Saving energy for the subsequent "the footwarmer doesn't work, I'm sick of paying for beta software!" discussion.  :cool:

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Chock said:

Be interesting to see how it compares to the Just Flight ones. Shame they didn't think to do a Convair 880 instead given that we've already got a 707 and a DC-8.

I would say that this project was started before the JF model.

10 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Wing flex surely? :)

It certainly looks great from the screenshots.

I hope that is a working Carousel INS unit. Could it be an upgraded CIVA unit?

Cheers

Steve Hall

14 hours ago, cowpatz said:

I hope that is a working Carousel INS unit. Could it be an upgraded CIVA unit?

Hi Folks,

If I recall correctly the CIVA is fully functional - I think I raised that question years ago on FSDeveloper...

Regards,
Scott

I guess I should have read the preview post first.

The INS simulation (which was done by Tomás Aguiló) is very realistic. You could certainly operate it with a real manual. DME updates (to correct drift) and many other features are modeled. You can insert waypoints manually or simply by loading a standard FSX flightplan using the FSX/P3D interface.

Excellent.

Cheers

Steve Hall