Sign in to follow this  
welsol

Issues with GTN 2.4.9 on XP11

Hi all 

I bought RXP GTN 750 For XP 11  today , V2.4.9 and Trainer 6.41 Installed in the default installation folders and Windows defender was disabled , it seems the gauge are corrupted or need other graphic settings , please see the image in the link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/flkqyk4tzs5jius/gtn750.jpg?dl=0

same problem with 2D in default C172

Windows 10 Home , XP 11 V 1.05

Any idea to solve this problem?

Best regards

No issues here:

Did you have any AV software running during the installation, and did you install it using Run as administrator?

Cheers,

Jerome

Only windows defender and disabled during instillation  ,and ruining the installer and XP as admin , all Realityxp  and Garmin folders excluded from Defender

Cheers

Hi,

First things first: please don't run installers nor simulator as admin. It might help with programs not designed with modern Windows UAC guidelines (established since Vista), but it will mess up properly designed programs because in this case, running as admin makes Windows use/disable a number of files and registry path and access rights differently than normal use.

Having said this, there are only 2 other customers having the exact same issue, which is graphics card driver related. The symptom is like having white painted instead of transparent, and seems mostly related to video card driver optimizations.

Can you please let us know your video card make and model, as well as your driver version? Can you cross check if your have the latest drivers installed?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for you advice

GeForce GTX 960 M - 4MB

Driver 388.13  release date 30-10-2017

I tried to go back to version 382.53 as I read in previous post but to no luck

Cheers

Thank you for the additional information. Is there a chance you'd try 376.33 to compare how it goes?

Besides, can you PM me your nvidia control panel 3D settings (both D3D and OGL)?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Same with 376.33 , no change

The required data already sent to you

I appreciate your help

Thank you for the data. One of our test system has drivers 376.33 so this helps us a lot, because now we know for sure the issue must lie between driver settings or OS settings, not in driver code nor in GTN code!

@RXP 

The problem was in the default value for both Preferred Graphic Processor and OpenGL Rendering GPU , the default value was (auto select) and the system take the integrated graphic by default (Intel HD), just change the both value to NVIDIA processor the problem  solved

really I appreciate this wonderful support , now time to fly

• Upvote 1

Welsol I am one of the users having the same problem.  I made the changes and it works perfectly.

• Upvote 1

@HWDALE isn't the latest v2.4.9 solving this issue?

Mind you, it is now documented as an Intel driver bug and we've added a workaround in the v2.4.9 release which has proven to be solving this problem (at least as reported during with the RC).

Jean-Luc I downloaded v2.9 and still had the problem.  When I changed the Nvidia settings the problem was solved.

• Upvote 1