Lorby_SI

No more problems when using P4AO with ObjectFlow x64

Hello @ll,

a few days ago the new ObjectFlow64 DLL was released by ORBX. For the first time, ORBX is using the add-on.xml method to add their DLL.

I hate to say it, but this add-on.xml is wrong. XML tags are case sensitive, and ORBX is calling a few tags not like they appear in the spec (Learning Center -> SDK->Add-ons->Add-on Packages).

ORBX's syntax:
<DllType>
<DllStartName>
<DllStopName>

Correct syntax:
<DLLType>
<DLLStartName>
<DLLStopName>

This cannot work with the P4AO. The tool uses the standard Microsoft .Net XML deserialization, which is case sensitive (as per spec). As a consequence these tags are empty when the file is read - and they disappear when the file is written again.

Solution:
1. When the file has been read into the P4AO, go to "Other addons"
2. Open the "Orbx ObjectFlow 2" entry and click once on the "component #1: DLL" entry
3. Click on "Edit component"
4.1. Select "DLLType" -> PDK
4.2. Write the text "module_init" into the "DLLStartName" field (without the quotes!)
4.3. Write the text "module_deinit" into the "DLLStopName" field (without the quotes!)
5. Press "Submit", which closes the dialog
6. Press "Save"

For now on, the xml will be read and written correctly

OK, I give up. Starting with version 1.25 of the P4AO I have added an XML sanitizer process that corrects these issues and forces the XML to show the values required by the specification. Issues like this one should be a thing of the past (the original XML file is still wrong though).

Best regards

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Oliver,

Thanks for the heads-up. I made the changes in your solution.

I'm curious what symptom would be exhibited when running P3D after the ObjectFlow add-on.xml file had been written without those tags.

I notice also that your solution writes <DLLType>PDK</DLLType> into the file...which did not exist in the original when it was installed.

16 hours ago, somiller said:

Oliver,

Thanks for the heads-up. I made the changes in your solution.

I'm curious what symptom would be exhibited when running P3D after the ObjectFlow add-on.xml file had been written without those tags.

I notice also that your solution writes <DLLType>PDK</DLLType> into the file...which did not exist in the original when it was installed.

About the PDK tag: I got that from the customer who alerted me to the issue. If it isn't there in the original file just leave it blank.

Best regards