Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

alpilotx HD Mesh v4 Announced

Thanks, alpilotx and Manuthie, for pointing out to me that the general updater doesn't update everything. I'm not being sarcastic; I really didn't know. It's wonderful to have Lake Constance back again! 😀

Cheers,

Tom

By the way, the final set of screenshots (well, more or less .... maybe it changes a bit) is already online in a google photos album here (so, you can check out a bit "more"):

BUT: don't expect the final release before the beginning of December. My current timeline is simply too full at the moment to rush out a release (on top of what I already have to deal with - non XP related).

• Upvote 6

Andras, I'm gobsmacked at how awesome that looks. Can't wait to try it :biggrin:

Nice sets of shots.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Many of them are breathtaking. The XP scenery system is really unmatched. This highlights even more the lack of seasons and the poor weather effects though.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

2 hours ago, alpilotx said:

By the way, the final set of screenshots (well, more or less .... maybe it changes a bit) is already online in a google photos album here (so, you can check out a bit "more"):

BUT: don't expect the final release before the beginning of December. My current timeline is simply too full at the moment to rush out a release (on top of what I already have to deal with - non XP related).

Wow, awesome set of shots. One of them shows off Budapest, and another is Lake Balaton :) As Murmur said, some of them are breathtaking. Especially as you can see the forests enveloping airports, etc.

Even though I'm in the ortho camp, I have to admit that these shots are amazing, and really highlight the strengths of HD Mesh. I guess I'm going to redo all my overlays, once you release V4 :)

These bring incredible detail and prove what is possible with this approach ! I even recognized without any doubt some remote areas in the Rhone Alpes region.

Cities and small towns really come alive in these shots, and also the forests/rural areas are much better depicted with greater variation.

Great work, take your time (but not too long please).

4 hours ago, alpilotx said:

WOW - thanks a lot - very impressive indeed. Cant wait for this to be released. Every now and then I try ortho but the quality is varies a lot and it doesn't look too good when flying low so in the end I really prefer default scenery.

5 hours ago, alpilotx said:

Fantastic, nice screenshots of BIAR, BIRK and the highest peak of Iceland, Öræfajökull, Sweet. Nice job Alpilotx!

Torfi

Just saw this,

FlightDeckX has been shut down indefinitely!

Thanks to all our supporters and readers. It was a wonderful experience which we will miss!

Don’t be sad, though, X-Plane is on the rise, with or without FlightDeckX!

— Ollie of FlightDeckX.com

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

28 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Just saw this,

FlightDeckX has been shut down indefinitely!

Thanks to all our supporters and readers. It was a wonderful experience which we will miss!

Don’t be sad, though, X-Plane is on the rise, with or without FlightDeckX!

— Ollie of FlightDeckX.com

Yes, these are very sad news, but it's completely offtopic.

So it doesn't effect the release?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”