scotchegg

alpilotx HD Mesh v4 Announced

93 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jh71 said:

You already suspected, both are mesh based and can not be used together.

For forests on Ortho4XP, I recommend Simheavens: http://simheaven.com/?page_id=14813 . They are based on OSM, and in Europe at least, they are usually a better match.

Or you can use the overlay option in Ortho4XP to create a new layer with the new UHD mesh (after it is available). But then you would be downloading huge amount of data only to create those overlays.

With the latest XP11.10, I stopped using Orthos, I think the default nails it already pretty well, and I expect this to improve a lot with the new UHD mesh. Waiting the release to test my broadband !

Thanks! I'v been using simeheavens w2xp layers together with Ortho4XP. I'll see how the forest overlay may do. To me ortho still beats the XP11 default texture. I agree XP11 textures are very good, but ortho textures contain these nuance color/hue/pattern variations making them just look better and more "real". It'll be great one day XP textures completely replace the orthos. 

2 hours ago, alpilotx said:

If you want to better understand how / where forest information comes from and how it matches with different scenery (Ortho4XP included), read my extensive post on this topic over at x-plane.org (its a pinned thread):

Yes I read your post before, extremely informative and really helps me to understand the process in XP11. I still need to learn how XP11 prioritize different layers etc though.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 minute ago, FlyIce said:

I still need to learn how XP11 prioritize different layers etc though.

Have a look at my post/guide here

Hopefully this will clear things up as well